PDA

View Full Version : engine stand bolts

newaccorddriver
04-26-2006, 06:29 PM
after trying several times to find a proper sized bolt that would fit, it seems as if i cant really find one with the proper threads. as of now ive got 1 bolt thats just the perfect length, and 3 other bolts that will be able to thread into the block itself. the only problem is those 3 bolts will only hold maybe half an inch or so onto the block. will that do or should i look for longer bolts first?

88Accord-DX
04-26-2006, 06:39 PM
1/2" of threads is pushing it. I wouldn't recommend it, but it depends on what risk you want to take.

Edit- personally I think you will be ok.

newaccorddriver
04-26-2006, 08:18 PM
1/2" of threads is pushing it. I wouldn't recommend it, but it depends on what risk you want to take.
Edit- personally I think you will be ok.

true enough. i went out looking for bolts today and the 2 major hardware stores carried the bolts that would work for what im using them for, but they werent long enougn. i think my only other option would be to go to a junkyard and take 3 starter bolts. i think as long as i can get the longest of the bolts on the very top, i should be alright cause its mainly the top bolt supporting alot of the weight while the bottom bolts just kinda hold it in its place sturdier

88Accord-DX
04-26-2006, 08:48 PM
I got mine from Lowe's, they where close to $4 a piece. About 5-6 inches long. Would send them to you, but shipping wouldn't be worth it.

newaccorddriver
04-26-2006, 09:26 PM
I got mine from Lowe's, they where close to $4 a piece. About 5-6 inches long. Would send them to you, but shipping wouldn't be worth it.

$4 a piece?! too bad we dont have a lowes here... i tried home depot and rona. not sure of what other places there actually are... im going to disassembly the head first most likely to relieve it of some weight. if i have time i might just run to the junkers and pull a few bolts. but damn, $4 a piece is insane...