PDA

View Full Version : 86 accord interior ...

adammickeymikey
04-27-2006, 02:18 PM
thow the fuck do i get the dash and all plastic black and be able to handle desert heat without peeling or cracking.....im redoing my 86 accord lxi sedan with a 98 h22 engine and i need to redo all the interior.... plus any word on hopw i can get leather seats for the back....current option is just refinishing the current seats with leater over them.....also is there a different year dash that will fit and i think i want to put either no center console or one off like a 89 prelude anyone who has an 86 that they have done shit loads.....(i really really mean shit loads) of work tyo please contact me this is my first REAL honda project...i kno wthe engine shounds big but i got the h22 engine and transmission for $1500 JUST REPLY OR SEND ME AN EMAIL TO [email protected]

wprocomp
04-27-2006, 02:29 PM
got a pic of your motor?

hondaaccord_86
04-27-2006, 02:49 PM
why would you want leather in DESERT heat weather? thats the worse.
a dash cover always helps from cracking.

adammickeymikey
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
well first off leather is classier and i am going to eventually put in a new ac all together the dash is what i am worried about cracking because it will be sitting in the sun and i have never spray painted a dash and am weary because i think in the high desert of california it will crack.....i can live with hot ass and sticky legs but i dont want to carry a sharpie marker for my dash

russiankid
04-27-2006, 05:17 PM
well first off leather is classier and i am going to eventually put in a new ac all together the dash is what i am worried about cracking because it will be sitting in the sun and i have never spray painted a dash and am weary because i think in the high desert of california it will crack.....i can live with hot ass and sticky legs but i dont want to carry a sharpie marker for my dashwindow visor thing for the windsheild when the car is not in use, helps

MessyHonda
04-27-2006, 05:42 PM
yeah you can go to the junk yard and see if you can find some leather seats...i think the SE-i was the only one that came in lether...the seats look and feel nice the thing is that you hope they have one with super clean interior to swap out...at most its like 100 bucks for front and rear seats

HondaBoy
04-28-2006, 10:55 PM
i doubt your dash is going to crack. its a honda, not a chevy. you know how they do. anyway, lets see some pix since you posted in the picture section.