PDA

View Full Version : 1998 h22 in 86 lxi.....please help

adammickeymikey
04-27-2006, 02:31 PM
i am asking for help with my current project......i am trying to fit a 98 prelude h22 into an86 accord lxi anyone who has info to help on anyting from radiator to exhaust i would greatly appreciate it ....i am planning on this taking less than a month i am not only doing the swap but all new interior, racing seats, coilovers, shaved body, paint and maybe a few performance upgrades after it all gets working.........basically i have a h22 and transmission with no real know how ........i can read ...which is a plus and i ahve did do a lot of work on my 88 prelude aws . obviously very very different....please help be a part of something ......anyone who contributes any REAL HELP will get thier name on my car when it is all done ....if you like ......mostly my problem is electrical i have no idea how to do anything electral.......is there a place i can go for all the answers to swaping this beast please help
[email protected]

Vanilla Sky
04-27-2006, 02:37 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51616

search is your friend.

adammickeymikey
04-27-2006, 02:53 PM
yeah i know i am tring to get a hold of that guy........but in the mean time any real help

b8er
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
all that in a month "with no real know how" is gonna be super tough, g-luck thou

adammickeymikey
04-27-2006, 03:16 PM
yeah but i have like 6 honda tuner heads working on it with me all for a few hundred bucks a piece plus i have know how but i dont pretend to be a professional........the engine and transmisssion is all im worried about ...p-0lus electrical......other than that everything else is an afternoon project......

speedpenguin
04-28-2006, 04:38 AM
You are going to have a lot of fabricating work to do.
No one besides that guy is going to be of much help. He's the only one who's done the swap. Good luck and post pics

voiceinurhead05
04-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Wow.... that sounds pretty sweet. It will be tough and it will require custom mounts.

However, I have an idea for you to make a little money (trust me, you'll need it with this project). When you fabricate the mounts, make a whole bunch of sets and you could sell them to people on this board. Many 3g owners dream of an H22 under their hood.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
04-28-2006, 08:45 AM
The other guy that did the swap spent like 6k on it. Plus all the other stuff you want to do is going to cost another few grand. The best advice i could give you would be to focus on one thing at a time and complete it before moving on. I would also start on what the area that is in the worst condition, if the motor is ok then start with some of the smaller ideas you have to help you get more fimilar with the car. That just my opinion.

PortugalFocus
04-28-2006, 11:40 AM
i am asking for help with my current project......i am trying to fit a 98 prelude h22 into an86 accord lxi anyone who has info to help on anyting from radiator to exhaust i would greatly appreciate it ....i am planning on this taking less than a month i am not only doing the swap but all new interior, racing seats, coilovers, shaved body, paint and maybe a few performance upgrades after it all gets working.........basically i have a h22 and transmission with no real know how ........i can read ...which is a plus and i ahve did do a lot of work on my 88 prelude aws . obviously very very different....please help be a part of something ......anyone who contributes any REAL HELP will get thier name on my car when it is all done ....if you like ......mostly my problem is electrical i have no idea how to do anything electral.......is there a place i can go for all the answers to swaping this beast please help
[email protected]
Here's the How-To on the 86-89 Accord H22 swap : HERE (http://3geez.com/forum/search.php)

Cheeseburger
04-28-2006, 02:30 PM
good luck dude! and welcome!