PDA

View Full Version : new pics and in car video

wickedaccord
04-28-2006, 03:36 PM
i finally got a day off work so i decided to get some new pics and videos of the car. too bad i had enough battery for 2 videos of the cluster. sorry there's a lot of road noise due to the camera vibrating so much. i wish i could've finished 3rd gear more often but i had traffic up ahead. more videos to come later. videos speak for themselves...

*edited*
ah crap it doesnt work.. sorry guys. i'll upload the other video, it's much better. it's a rolling start from 1st gear finishing 3rd. i accidentally bounced the rev limiter in 3rd gear because i couldnt see the tach. plus driving this car deals with great concentration to keep it goin straight. it's scary ass shit.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTIzNDEyOTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2833/newpics0015qf.th.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newpics0015qf.jpg)
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5706/newpics0026dc.th.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newpics0026dc.jpg)
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1705/newpics0039df.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newpics0039df.jpg)
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4207/newpics006a4kw.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newpics006a4kw.jpg)
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1449/newpics007a5od.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newpics007a5od.jpg)
:bow: jon

EricW
04-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Your Car looks Great.

One of the videos didn't work for me.

russiankid
04-28-2006, 05:07 PM
that is fast, and the second vid didnt work. But dam its fast and looks great

MessyHonda
04-28-2006, 05:20 PM
they are both the same video...yeah that car can sure pull....did you see how fast the spedo went from 30-50 mine takes like 7 secs to do that...lol nice car tho

mkymonkey
04-28-2006, 07:10 PM
dude i just fucking love your wheels! the last time i saw them though they were all silver. well looked more like raw metal. did you get them powder coated or did you paint them yourself? if you did what paint did you use? i need to paint mine cuz looks like the paint on it is kinda flaking off or something.

oh and how much did they run you? im assuming way more than 1k right? lol

ZackieDarko
04-28-2006, 07:20 PM
your car is teh sex

acco-R-d
04-28-2006, 08:17 PM
your car is teh sex

I 2nd that

gfrg88
04-28-2006, 11:19 PM
nice!!! you shouldve came out to LACR with us today :D

B16KILLA
04-29-2006, 01:53 AM
nic!!! you shouldve came out to LACR with us today :D

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:......stupid.......

Hazwan
04-29-2006, 03:43 AM
nice! Love the wheels

speedpenguin
04-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Nice to finally catch a thread with one of the best 3G setups on the board
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Gerroni
04-29-2006, 06:09 PM
This didn't help your AOM votes at all.....
hahaha j/k

AccordEpicenter
04-29-2006, 06:40 PM
lol i bet you were on low boost too muahahah. Seriously though, nice work, i think yours in my fav 3g. Any 1/4 mi predictions? Who make that turbo manifold and what turbo are you running? That manifold is gorgeous

russiankid
04-29-2006, 06:48 PM
i think your speedo cannot keep up with the actuall accelleration of the car, and if im right when the speedo starts to move it takes your car like 5 secs to reach 60, it would be faster if it didnt go from like 6k to red line in a split second, lmfao

gfrg88
04-29-2006, 07:11 PM
i think his whole set up a Full Race turbo kit, not sure wich one though, i think....

wickedaccord
04-29-2006, 08:39 PM
i have 3 sets of these watanabes. the black ones were on my civic and the silver ones are back on my civic. i did this because i'm getting new wheels for my civic and my accord will be gettin new 16 inch watanabe's soon. so we were just checkin how it looks with the black ones. plus my driving with my bfg drag tires everyday wore it out half way down so i wanted to try the yokohama ao32 tires on it.

the turbo set is still only running on wastegate spring which is 12psi driven everyday the way it is. the turbo is a Garret GT35R with a 70 a/r compressor and 82 a/r exhaust. the kit is a stage3 GT from WWW.FULL-RACE.COM it is will worth the 4500 spent. hell a greddy turbo kit goes for the same price and wont even make this kind of power at 12psi. and all this is done with a stock honda ignition, stock wires, stock distributor, obd1 conversion with hondata. no standalone miracle. hondas ignition system is too under rated by some people.

as for my quarter mile prediction.. i know 11's is not a problem with slicks. but as is with street tires i'm looking at 12 flat on pump gas as is. just a reminder for people, i dont run race gas. as soon as i get my roll cage and prep it a little more with bigger injectors i'll run it at the track. and a good prediction also is.. a recent race with a 405hp Z06 Vette. whipped him by 4 car lengths not finishing 4th gear.

and yeah, the speedo cant keep up with the revs. it's really inaccurate so it's hard to judge the 0-60mph. if you pay attention carefully, after 3rd gear letting off the gas.. the speedo jumps to almost 90mph. so that's really weird...

sorry it took me so long to make the stupid videos, but more will come. feel free to ask any question. i know all this shit has been done before, but has it been done on a 3gee accord?

b8er
04-29-2006, 08:46 PM
may i have sex with your car? Pm me plz

just joking dude, love the car

bullard123
04-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Car looks good. Thats a nice engine setup also....Looks like you might have a little competition though, a noob from Canada just got a H22 swaped in......

b8er
04-29-2006, 08:57 PM
do i feel a grudge match coming on .......

Cheeseburger
04-29-2006, 09:34 PM
looking good jon

TheWatcher
04-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Very nice.

I don't know why those idiots are always talking about the unachieveable H-22 fantasy, when you have fantastic, achieveable examples like your ride, wickedaccord.

BTW, nice cf hood too.

Peace.

guaynabo89
04-30-2006, 04:48 AM
Car looks real good! Your not running a filter on your turbo? Its looks like you have just an air horn on there.

Where d you get your gages from they look really nice too.

Lok
04-30-2006, 08:11 AM
I don’t think that there is any real competition between 3Geez members, through Wickedaccord’s car is simply the best 3Geez Accord in the world with 400 whp (Dynojet) at low boost.
But the fantastic about Jon’s car is the overall set-up suspension-wheels-brakes-engine swap and Turbo kit-rebuilt block, even interior and exterior mods….that’s need many hours labor, hours of searching for the right parts, many custom made parts and find the right people to make them, many problems to solved during the swap and of course many thousands dollars spend in this car (well worth it).
So there is no real competition again, Jon’s car the best 3Geez and maybe the best jdm style Honda in the earth, then for all of us???? I think all these people like Wickedaccord, Rob, Carotman, Thegreatdane, Adam, the other Vtec Accord owners like Master Legend, Steve, the guy with the h22 swap , the A20 Turbo guys …..all these people inspirited us to keep our Accords and spend money to them!!!
And I think Accord 3Geez 20 years after its introduction, could be ease and it is the TOP SLEEPER.
Nobody knows them us Fast cars (unlike with Civic-CRX-Prelude-INTEGRA-even Accord 4G+ with H22 swap)
Nobody knows that Accord 3Geez has 0.32 Aerodynamic C/d and one of the best suspension set-up (as stock) out there.
Nobody knows that an Accord 3Geez is lighter than the majority of 3D Civics mod 95 and after…..even it’s a 4d family car.
Nobody knows that even the standard old A20 block can hold high boost with stock internals and make easy 220-250hp at low boost with a simple Turbo kit.
Nobody knows any think about this car, and in my opinion any Dollar spend on an Accord 3Geez is a well spend Dollar, because this car even 20 years after, is still very modern from the engineering point of view (Forget all the safety equipment you find on new cars, like Airbags and all this crap, only adds weight).

Lok
04-30-2006, 08:16 AM
By the way, Jon just one question:

I think you are very conservative with the rev limit?
Your engine with P&P head, CTR cams, ITR IM and bullet-proof block could rev easy until 9000rpm and I believe that you would have gains, on overal acceleration of the car, if you change gears on 8500-8700rpm???

AccordEpicenter
04-30-2006, 08:42 AM
yeah its my fav because its very well executed, and puts the smack down on pretty much anything. This is only on 12psi guys... imagine this thing on 24psi...

mykwikcoupe
04-30-2006, 09:10 AM
actually Ive got a question. Im not familiar with the gsr sleeved block but since its a 2.0L how are the cfm values? I ask because of the b20a Im biulding. I chose the presision sc32 60/63 54 trim t3/t4oe. Im wondering the total lag, spool, and output values on a jdm b20a, ported, OS vlaves well biult stock head, turbo cams matched to the head and a ported b16 intake. I really have no clue which TB im going to use but I went OBD1 conversion with uberdata. Anythoughts thus far. Thanks and nice rig. Sucks you beat me to the 400hp mark though.

2ndGenGuy
04-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Man that is one nice car. The finish work on everything is so clean. The paintwork and the wheels on that car look so nice too.

That engine looks so badass. The bay looks so clean and its done so well. I hope I can do such a nice job when (and if) I put a new engine in my car.

snoopyloopy
04-30-2006, 11:40 AM
video wasn't working, but a picture is worth a thousand words. and there're five pictures. i agree with whoever has said yours is the best 3g. even better than the h22 swap, though that's a nice accomplishment in itself. but your car is definitely money well spent. especially when you look at all that you don't get if you were to have tried buying something newer with the same money. good luck, and keep up the good work. and someone seriously needs to call a magazine on this guy and get his story run.

MessyHonda
04-30-2006, 12:24 PM
this is a super sweet car. makeing so much power on a 3g...almost like 4 times than stock. makes me feel real good. i wish i can mod my car but right now im giong to enter college and will not have lots of money so i wil do some basic stuff to it and just keep it clean.

wickedaccord
04-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Very nice.
I don't know why those idiots are always talking about the unachieveable H-22 fantasy, when you have fantastic, achieveable examples like your ride, wickedaccord.
BTW, nice cf hood too.
Peace.

thank you very much, i appreciate all the comments. h22 i could've done easily but i didnt like a lot of the end results of my friends h22 turbo. some of you dont know but h22 uses hydrolic tensioners for the timing belt and when you make a lot of hp, that tensioner will always snap. if the tensioner snaps, your timing belt comes loose and there goes your valve train. all motor is whatever, but my goal was to turbo so i said screw the h22.

cf hood is waxed once a week heh heh...

and lok said it right, i didnt just want my car to look nice. i wanted speed. i have my addiction to road racing too, so i like my suspension nice and tight. i've taken this car to the mountain road before and it does really nice around corners. ofcourse i have to play with the throttle all the time because i dont want to spin the wheels, but it handles really nice. some of you may not notice, but my motor leans back and sits closer to the fire wall, thus making the weight distribution better. not only that, my motor is like 20-40 pounds lighter than the a20 again the balance is much better. it's just, i have too much power for road racing so i dont take it to the track. and you're right, the 4 door 3gee is a little lighter than a coupe civic so we have our advantage also.

and i didnt build my car for any competition with other 3geez. i built it as an example of what a 3geez is capable of and what it can do. some guys here have commented that it's been done before.. well has it been done in an 89 accord? sure it's the same motor, but how will it perform in a different chasis? especially in a 17yr old car. for all other members who's done swaps and gone the distance. only they will understand the commitment and dedication it takes to complete a big project to an "87-89 accord" atleast with our cars, we dont have the stereo type of getting harrassed by cops.

but having 2 turbo cars, there is a lot of difference in turbo sizes. mykwikcoupe, your turbo is excellent for the street. it will have great turbo response and great mid range punch. my friend ran a sc44 turbo on his b18a and made very good midrange power which is great for the street. his boost started at just 1800rpm and max boost is at 3500rpm. that's on a b18, with your b20 having bigger displacement, your turbo response will be even better. not sure how good my b16 head flows because i never flow test it. it's a street pnp so it's not very aggressive. as for your t/b, i'd recommend a stock itr t/b. if you're doing an obd1 conversion, it shouldnt be a problem using it. it'll help your high end hp.

as for reving higher, yes you are right. with this pnp head, i could easily make power to 8700rpm. i pretty much left it up to my tuner, he said it was unnecessary to go to 9k rpm. but when i retune this thing again, trust me. it's going to 9k just to make up for some speed lost. i also didnt want a filter on it because.... what for? i rather have a velocity stack for improved air flow. a filter will only slow things down. damn this is long.. haha thanks for all the compliments guys, it's greatly appreciated. and like i said, it's more of an example and encouragement. anybody can do it with commitment and you dont have to do what i did. there are cheaper ways with vtec. legend master sets another good example of vtec swap not using a lot of money.

:bow: jon

MessyHonda
04-30-2006, 01:09 PM
yeah your are right. police only look at like the civics and the acuras. my car is a 18 year old car so they dont really care. i dont have a fart can, big wing, or racing stripes but it is a fast car if you put the work on it. right now my budget for my car is around 1000 bucks and so far i have a, K&N filter, 8mm plug wires, platinum 4 plugs(might try ngk high end plugs), going to gea pacesetter headers, magnaflow 2.25inch cat, magnaflow cat, and its going to be done with 2.25 inch pipe. i want to get a cam( colt or delta or cheap one) i want to P&P my head since i blew a head gasket but maybe when i change the cam. also i took out everything in the interior just have dash and driver seat. saves like 70 pounds. yeah it is a very light car only like 2500 pounds stock

Gerroni
04-30-2006, 04:58 PM
....your my idol.

'A20A3'
04-30-2006, 05:32 PM
That car is the sickest 3G on this planet. Hands down.

speedpenguin
04-30-2006, 05:50 PM
....your my idol.
:werd:

snoopyloopy
05-01-2006, 10:36 PM
damn man, i keep looking at the pic and thinking that your wastegate is the exhaust side of the turbo. it looks to be about the same size as the exhaust side of 14b on my eclipse. how much power is that turbo capable of?

mkymonkey
05-01-2006, 11:51 PM
so uh...where are your bulbs for your bumper turn signals? looks like they're missing. maybe its to flow air? lol

gfrg88
05-02-2006, 07:44 AM
yeah thats what i thought when we went to dyno

theDougler
05-02-2006, 10:47 AM
congrats again you blew:rocket: us all out of our seats when you first posted your accord on here and you will for times to come. I also agree you need to get that thing in a magazine, cause that would be rad. if i can get some spare time i'm thinking of a turbo on a a20 not sure yet, you've inspired me to at least keep my 3gee and not go newer.

Hash_man_Se_i
05-02-2006, 05:07 PM
I love your car man.

Personally since the first time I saw it a while back on 3geez, it was my main inspiration to do a b-series swap. Ever since I saw your 13 sec time slip running NA, I knew I had to do it. Now I'm finally getting closer and I'm definately stoked.

Also, your car looks killer aesthetically, and hopefully one day you will make it into a mag.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
06-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Dam that is so FAT if that is not Rice then i dont know what is:rice:

gfrg88
06-26-2006, 08:19 PM
:stupid:

Acid X
06-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Damnit jon.. You should have come to the azusa canyon so cal meet. :(

Strugglebucket
06-27-2006, 12:09 AM
props.

isn't that what the kids say? "i give you mad props".:lol:

diegoaccord
06-27-2006, 07:55 AM
goddamn, you have the best 3g ever. that shit needs to be in a magazine. and after your, how canthere be another aom?

reanimator420
06-27-2006, 12:55 PM
"aow" accord of the world. that is such a creamer. im left speechles. your car is an inspiration to me and now i think it will inspire me to clean my car out lol

ZackieDarko
07-01-2006, 05:36 PM
im worken on sumthen special for my hatch back

maybe one day it will be as nice as your sexy chunk of metal

SQ is the SQUAD
11-24-2006, 07:02 PM
wicked, where the hell are you?