PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gen help

tay_ang
04-28-2006, 05:05 PM
(carbed) (auto) My car has been really acting up the last 3 days, out of the blue the car just decided that when it is cold all it wants to do it stutter and stall. When the car is cold and I just get passed fist gear and it hits 2 1/2 Rpm in 2nd or 3rd it startes to sputter and it stalls on me sometimes, and sometimes it even just quits on me when i try to take off. Almost seems like it is out of gas but it isnt.

The car starts fine in the morning and after its really warmed up, but after it stalls on me i have to pump the gas to get it started. I would maybe expect this in the winter but it has never done anything like this before.

tay_ang
04-28-2006, 05:27 PM
I am pretty sure it is the fuel pump, i did the reserch but I typed spuddering not sputtering the fist time because i am french.

MessyHonda
04-28-2006, 05:33 PM
well i had a problem like that but it would hesitate when i pressed the gas. i changed the fuel filters and then my fuel pump died so i changed it and then i still had the prob so i changed my carb and now it works but i still need to adjust it since it runs way too rich and it just wastes gas...im geting like 28mpg when i geting close to 32 with the old carb