PDA

View Full Version : Excellent stock tire replacement for Accords

RamThis
04-28-2006, 09:50 PM
After owning Toyo Proxes on both my Acura and my 2000 Ram, I decided on a Toyo tire for the old Honda when it came time for a new set. These are my new Toyo Spectrums. EXCELLENT tire, super nice riding tire, completely silent, great traction (like that's really a problem though with a whopping 98HP LMAO) If anyone is looking for an awesome replacement for their basic passenger car tire (not a performance type tire) the Toyo Spectrum has my vote!!
Also, the new wheel covers came off eBay, full set of four, brand new, with shipping, for $50. Man, you just cant beat a deal like that. :cheers:
http://www.dodgetrucks.org/gallery/data/500/100_3191.JPG

AccordRacing21
04-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Only problem with the Spectrum is they are discountinued becuase they weren't living up to their mileage warranty. They were replaced with the Toyo Eclipse, which carries a slightly higher mileage rating and runs as smooth on the balancer as any other tire I've seen. The Spectrums are a good tire, I ran them on my car for a couple years, but replacing one if you ruin it could be a problem. My personal recomendation is the Toyo Eclipse, but the Spectrums are a fine tire too. Good luck with the tires though, I loved them. :)

MessyHonda
04-28-2006, 09:58 PM
they do look good. the way gas prices are going im thinking of geting a lil bigger tire. i have 195-55-15 on my car and i want to get 195-60-15...they are 4.4% bigger so i should get a better mileage increase but it will be slow at take off. so yeah man how much did you pay? and where did you get them

TheWatcher
04-29-2006, 02:46 AM
Is there enough ghetto shine on the tire???

I think I just went blind. :lol:

1 vote for Bridgestone Potenzas filled w/ Nitrogen.

Peace.

speedpenguin
04-29-2006, 06:57 AM
New wheel covers? Nice.

HostileJava
04-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Nice, I just put the same tires (not the same size) on my wifes Cutlass a few weeks ago and she seems to like them.

Messy, I don't know that going with a bigger sidewall is gonna help you all that much, especially since it's not really that much taller. Keep in mind that your increasing rotational mass so it's gonna take more torque to get going initially. The tire is gonna seem a bit fatter since the sidewalls will bulge out more and your gonna loose some handling since the sidewall will lean more into the turn. I don't know that the slightly lower rpm you'll acheive will really be worth the sacrifice.

Whistler225
04-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Mileage would probably depend on how much stop and go traffic you drive in then....if you have long stretches of relatively straight road without stopping (as I do) on your way to work, I would think a taller sidewall would be beneficial....I dunno. I do know that I'm only getting about 210 miles out of a tank at the moment, and that's with a 30 minute commute to work (mostly state highways), so let us know if you notice a difference....I might try some larger tires myself if they help.

ghettogeddy
04-29-2006, 09:36 AM
i love my toyo proxes 4's there hug the road like no other