PDA

View Full Version : 6x9s

sinisterfuzzy
04-29-2006, 06:46 PM
for those of you running 6x9s in the back of your accord, what did you do to make em fit?

mkymonkey
04-29-2006, 07:21 PM
used screws.......lol

they should just bolt right on man. unless you have some of those with the really really tall tweeters or something. i know i had to bend the plastic a bit to make mine fit cuz they were kinda tall.

Cheeseburger
04-29-2006, 07:37 PM
what size speakers do u have right now?
there were some 3rd gen accords that came with 6x9's and there were some that came with 6 1/2. if u don't have 6x9's right now go to the junk yard and get the adapters that looks like a basket

detroit313
04-29-2006, 08:52 PM
i took a cutting wheel to those "bars" that are in the way of the speakers. just took of about an inch on each side to make the speakers fit. the speaker magnents were huge...i had no choice. works perfectly and didnt jack nothing up either..............!

TheWatcher
04-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Just use 6.5" round speakers.

6 x 9" speakers are oval, which distorts more than a circle (6.5"). You'll have less problems w/ distortion w/ round speakers, that's why subs are round. Ovals were some retarded solution made by some auto makers, so aftermarket just supports direct replacements.

Besides, all your bass is really gonna come from your sub woofers.

I have both 6.5" rear speaker housings (from the LX) and 6 x 9" rear speaker housings (from the SE-i), and I use the 6.5" rear speakers.

But if you really want 6 X 9" speakers, just go to the jy, like Cheeseburger suggested.

Peace.

MessyHonda
04-30-2006, 12:58 PM
yeah my car is a DX and it did not even come with speakers in the back so i went out and got some Kicker 6.5 and they sound every good. they handle up to 100 watts and 50RMS my alpine kicks out 16 RMS and they sound very good. they are louder than the front ones. i was just reading thewatcher's coment and i was thinking of puting 6by9 in the back and moving my 6.5 to the front. but why do kicker make square subs? my friend has a 10 inch solobaric 5 and it sound good....450RMS my old kicker circle ones handle 110RMS but they are like 6 years old. tech is always advancing

HondaBoy
04-30-2006, 01:01 PM
i got the "speaker box" as honda calls it from an '89 LX-i off the rear deck. my car came with 6.5's, but the 6x9 mount things bolt right up.