PDA

View Full Version : jdm b20a on a20 ECU help

Versanick
04-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Well, I can't find anywhere where it will let me Delete the post, just edit it. I want to apologize for double posting the thread. I thought I didn't click submit the first time, so I clicked it (again, apparently) and double posted. Sorry for the spam.

So my car's put together. BLOX manifold, LS throttle body (same voltage TPS .5v >>> toward 0v at WOT), LS fuel rail, LS fuel pressure regulator (until we get it running, we won't use the B&M adjustable yet), and all a20 electronics and vacuum, vac. advance 86 integra dizzy, and so on.
Friday night, the car ran with 0 check engine light. No blinks of it, no solid light, nothing. That PGM-FI just stayed off. Idled like a dream. purred like a kitten, 450rpm put put put put (you can hear the cams). So here Chuck goes, whacks down the pedal, and it starts pulling... 1500 2000 2500... and then NO more torque after 2000 all the way into 6000... he didn't want to take it to the rev limit because he didn't think it sounded like it would make it there. Felt like a 98hp a20 motor. But at least it ran.
Okay, so maybe the gasoline in the tank has been sitting there since last August, and there's no way the a/f ratios are exactly what we need them to be. But the entire wiring harness has been replaced, new distributor, replaced spark plugs, and everything else is hooked up and properly, including MAP sensor, the distributor vacuum advance, and so on.
Over the winter, I accidentally hooked a battery up backward for a few seconds. Lots of smoke came from the MSD box (and I assume I broke it, so we took it out), and the main relay blew (which I replaced).
Could I have fried my injector resistor box? Anyone else have any ideas on what's making this run like crap?
We're going to make sure I have fuel pressure (enough of it anyway) and get some fresh gas in the tank, then recheck all the relays. But I don't know what else to do!
Sorry for the long windedness. Thanks for reading!
-that kid with the always running-like-crap b20a hatch.