08-24-2002, 07:15 AM
I think I have it down, but correct me PLEASE if I do not:

3 screws in the armrest
3 screws in the speaker grill
Screw behind the door handle
Screw up top where the defroster shoots the air to the glass
Remove power window PIN switch
Plastic trim clips
Seatbelt piece UPPER-- It has a "cut/slit" to slide it out??

Courtesy light-- Does it have a clip harness like the power window switch or is it screwed to the backside of the door panel??? Basically, how is it attached??

Seatbelt anchor piece LOWER-- I know there is some kind of sensor/motor mounted inside the door itself, but there is a way to slip the belt out around that lower plastic piece without getting all crazy isn't there?? I dunno about removing that whole damn seatbelt!!

TIA.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-24-2002, 07:35 AM
Cool....I have been wondering how to do this for a while because someday I am going to have to do it. Thanks for the info

DBMaster
08-24-2002, 11:02 AM
And, be careful popping out the plastic snap fasteners! A door panel removal tool (about $5 at Auto Zone or Pep Boys) is a worthwhile investment.

87DXHatch
08-11-2003, 10:10 AM
Bump :)

I need to know too, I got my sound deadening today, and I want to bust those sucka's off.

cdscowboy
08-11-2003, 10:32 AM
You don't need to take out the defroster screw. You will need to take of of the black panel directly inside of your mirrors...they get in the way. The seatbelt upper doesn't come off. There is a screw on the lower part that you can unscrew, and the you'll be able to get the belt out from there. The courtesy light has a wire harness (only 2 wires) going to the back of it. As mentioned before, be careful with the plastic clips...they'll pull right thtough the cardboard backing...a tool would be nice. I didn't know they made them, so only half of my clips still work.

Hope that helps!

DBMaster
08-11-2003, 10:45 AM
The upper seat belt trim does not have a cut or slit to remove it. It is actually part of the seatbelt assembly if you buy one from Honda. Weird, huh? That's not to say you couldn't cut your own slit to remove it.

Noles
08-12-2003, 07:52 AM
You shouldn't have to ever buy a seatbelt assembly form honda ever. The have lifetime warranties they replaced all of my belts for free at the dealership. Mine were frayed from a dog chewing on them. The doors are extremely easy to take off.