PDA

View Full Version : not sure if this goes her but.....

mastaofdisasta
05-01-2006, 05:28 PM
I have a wierd prob with my stereo and i dont know if this goes here or in the audio secrtion, but o well. Anyways, when i turn on my stereo, usually only the back speakers work for about id say 10 seconds to a minute, then out of now where the back speakers, i thinki, will quit workin and sound only comes from the front right speaker. The music sounds really crappy btw. Also, when it switches to the right front speaker, something emits a very high pitched whining sound that seems to vary in pitch, i took out the stock head unit today and im goin to best buy to get a new one tomorrow, will gettin a new head unit fix the prob? Or is the problem somewhere else. Thanks

A18A
05-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Most likely the stereo, get a new one and the problem will go away

MessyHonda
05-01-2006, 06:56 PM
yeah it should go away. what deck do you have now? when i got a cd player it sounded way better even tho my speakers were blown...well the rubber part was all gone. i would have a similar problem. the volume on mine would go very low. i had to touch the volume nob to fix it..like a bad connection on the nob...well hope you like the new one.

mkymonkey
05-01-2006, 09:00 PM
yeah its just going to be youre stereo. plus if you have a stock unit this gives you the option to upgrade

mastaofdisasta
05-02-2006, 06:19 AM
The stereo i was havin probs with was the stock unit so im hoping the new one i get tonight will correct the problem, its kinda sad i have no stereo for my drive now since last night i just got some new neons that pulse with th beat of the music, cant wait to try them out

mastaofdisasta
05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
K just got a new head unit, prob is still there, gonna rewire tomorrow, if its still not workin, i get/have to get new speakers, if that happens, its a good excuse to get new speakers but it also means i have to buy new speakers, which is not easy with my shitty income. The stereo i got was an Alpine cde-9852 if aynone was wondering, i love it.

MessyHonda
05-02-2006, 08:16 PM
K just got a new head unit, prob is still there

check all your wires... maybe a bad ground...the stereo wires go under the driver side carpet. a test light would also help to help you figure it out the prob...try this frist...test every speaker first like disconect the other ones and just plug one in. this it how i narrowed down that my speaker was touching ground that would make my stereo go on safe mode and nothing would come out of the speakers expt the subs

HostileJava
05-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Don't run the new stereo to much, if one of your speaker wires is grounding out and pulling the internal amp down, you will eventually damage the new headunit. If you have a multimeter or test light test every speaker connection at the wiring harness behind the head unit one by one to see if it grounds out to chassis.

I'm moving this to the proper section.