PDA

View Full Version : One More Time B20 Guys

TWOLOUDNPROUD
05-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Ok Who has regrind cams in there b20a and how they work for you and who were they done by .Let me know Thanks guys

rjudgey
05-03-2006, 02:14 AM
you can't regrind them as their hollow they break really easily.
I'm looking into some cams that might have been made by Cat Cams in Holland i shall chase them up to see whats happening.

carotman
05-03-2006, 03:59 AM
I'm looking into some cams that might have been made by Cat Cams in Holland i shall chase them up to see whats happening.

I have regrinds that were made by Colt Cams

rjudgey
05-03-2006, 04:09 AM
Hmm bit risky but never mind what profile did you have done?

HostileJava
05-03-2006, 08:23 AM

I was talking to Steve about this and he said he had heard this to, but was never able to confirm it. Do you have anything that confirms they are hollow?

rjudgey
05-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Yep definately hollow learn't the hard way and manage to break one in half very easliy trying to get the cam pulley off!!

thegreatdane
05-03-2006, 11:17 AM
yea, and you can easily feel that they are hollow when you're holding one in your hand because they are so light.

Versanick
05-04-2006, 07:55 AM
my GUDE cams seem to work fine. THey're way way too big though. People ask what stage they are. I'm like... like stage 9.

Amazingly intimidating idle though. People don't want to race when they hear it idle. they're like "what's done to it?" and I"m like ... intake, exhaust. and they're like well wtf is that idle?

and I'm like I don't know? maybe some cams? who knows?

but it's obvious. i suggest <stage2 cams. anything full race is usually just too big. No real professional building an efficient and well tuned race car uses such ridiculous cams. mine are regrinds and have held up just fine.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
05-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Well Thanks for the replys But you still not answer my question on what kind of cam who made it and how does it perform for you and whats the grind number?

carotman
05-08-2006, 08:08 AM
My cams were made by Coltcam is canada. I don't have the grind number unfortunately. The local shop I took my engine to said they were ceally close to his B18A performance grinds.