PDA

View Full Version : relay from the interlock starter

newaccorddriver
05-03-2006, 07:28 PM
i was just wondering what amp rating the OEM relay for the clutch neutral safety has from an 89 accord. i found a 30amp relay thats originally used for lights and i was wondering if it would work as a replacement relay for the neutral safety switch. i guess it might be easier to ask how many amps pass through those 2 thick black/white wires for the nautral safety

if it does, then ive stumbled into an easier way to hook up a neutral safety onto our cars. im determined to bring my car to the tracks one day and this is a mandantory requirement for some reason.

catalin
05-03-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm not sure of the exact number but a 30amp is fine. That size of fuse is always used for startor ignition kills... so it'll do the job.

newaccorddriver
05-04-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure of the exact number but a 30amp is fine. That size of fuse is always used for startor ignition kills... so it'll do the job.

are you sure about that? nothing worse then blowing up my entire car...

MessyHonda
05-04-2006, 03:35 PM
noob question but what is a neutral safety switch? and would it work on a Automatic trans?

newaccorddriver
05-04-2006, 04:52 PM
its where you gotta step on the clutch to start the car. auto cars have it, but its one whole assembly