PDA

View Full Version : Dynomax Super Turbo ?

riceBURNerLX-i
08-24-2002, 08:28 AM
:confused:

I wanna order my exhaust, and a tip from summitracing that will fit the 2.25 that i see on here that ppl use for their exhaust system. Does anyone know a part # for the one i need. And just to tell everyone, I own a Honda Accord LX-i and she treats me good, but I dont know a whole hella lot about cars, but i know im gonna order the Dynomaxs Super Turbo and a stainless steel tip from summit racing, also pacesetter ceramic headers from nopi.com, is their anything else ill need for the exhaust system. And another thing i have been trying to find out from reading in the how to section on how to make cold air intake, ive already purchased the mandrel bent pipe, and should be receiving it soon, my question for that was what aem or k&n filter do i get ive been to the site that have them, just dont know how to choose what one with the right dimensions or whatever? I really really would appreciate sum help... thanks :omg: :stupid:

riceBURNerLX-i
08-24-2002, 08:38 AM
oops oh yeah cat-back? is that just the catalyic converter? if so would it hurt to keep the stock one or would someone recommend something else, and if soo where?

Jims 86LXI HB
08-24-2002, 08:39 AM
How on earth can I pick a tip for you? I got mine from them, it is a generic stainless tip, 3" in diameter take a look at the pics in this thread where I'm selling my Dynomax super turbo cat-back system and tell me if that's what you had in mind, if not you'll have to tell me what you want.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5150

Jims 86LXI HB
08-24-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by riceBURNerLX-i
oops oh yeah cat-back? is that just the catalyic converter? if so would it hurt to keep the stock one or would someone recommend something else, and if soo where?

After seeing the inside of my cat converter, I can't see how anyone can say it's high flow, so yeah I'd recommend to get a high flow one. www.fastfours.com has a good price on one.

riceBURNerLX-i
08-24-2002, 08:47 AM
Alright im sorry im kinda confusing, lol well i think i can choose the tip, im talking about the Dynomax Super Turbo, liek right now im looking on summitracing.com to buy one and it has the description for them soemthign like Super Turbo, 2 1/4 in. offset inlet/center outlet, muffler is this what i need? i would buy it off you but ill just go ahead and buy one off here when i get this generic tip lol...

Jims 86LXI HB
08-24-2002, 08:53 AM
Alright im sorry im kinda confusing, lol well i think i can choose the tip, im talking about the Dynomax Super Turbo, liek right now im looking on summitracing.com to buy one and it has the description for them soemthign like Super Turbo, 2 1/4 in. offset inlet/center outlet, muffler is this what i need? i would buy it off you but ill just go ahead and buy one off here when i get this generic tip lol...

Yes you are kinda confusing:rolleyes: Yeah you got it right, side in and center out. I got mine from them, they are a great place to by from.

riceBURNerLX-i
08-24-2002, 09:08 AM
for my Dynomax Super Turbo, 2 1/4 in. offset inlet/center outlet, muffler im about to purchase would this tip fit on the muffler

Vendor: Summit Racing Equipment
Product Line: Summit Stainless Exhaust Tips
Material: Stainless Steel
Finish: Polished
Length: 10 in.

2 1/2 in. inlet, 4 in. diameter outlet, straight cut, rolled tip, single wall construction, exhaust tip

i swear this wil be the last question for awhile..

Jims 86LXI HB
08-24-2002, 09:41 AM
for my Dynomax Super Turbo, 2 1/4 in. offset inlet/center outlet, muffler im about to purchase would this tip fit on the muffler

Vendor: Summit Racing Equipment
Product Line: Summit Stainless Exhaust Tips
Material: Stainless Steel
Finish: Polished
Length: 10 in.

2 1/2 in. inlet, 4 in. diameter outlet, straight cut, rolled tip, single wall construction, exhaust tip

i swear this wil be the last question for awhile..

Hmmm, the tip shows 2 1/2 inlet instead of 2 1/4 inlet, the muffler shop should be able to put the muffler's outlet pipe on a tube streacher and expand it a 1/4" to make it 2 1/2" You might want to call the shop and make sure, passsing that, yes it'll work.

riceBURNerLX-i
08-24-2002, 10:00 AM
hey thanks, yeah i know the muffler shop here in town has a tube stretcher so hope he can do that for, well anyhow i just order the dynomax turbo muffler, and the stainless tip, and a accel universial coil, now i think i just need the hi flo cat-back, and the ceramic pacesetter headers. will the muffler shop put the header on for me or will i have to take it to a mechanic? and do you think im on the right track so far for mods, except ill need some good sparkplugs and wires soon. I do thank ya for your input, its has helped me alot, and ill try to keep everyone who cares posted when i start getting my stuff from summitracing.com

riceBURNerLX-i
08-24-2002, 10:28 AM
hmm is it possible to just get the PACESETTER - Black Steel Header - 2.0L and strip the paint with that paint stripper stuff in a can then just coat it with ceramic paint cause this one is alot cheaper, and if possible just give it some coats of ceramic?