PDA

View Full Version : Running speaker wire to fronts

Acid X
05-04-2006, 02:28 AM
Alright, i dont know if this has been asked before... Anyway, i am planning on hooking up all my speakers to an amp in the trunk. I've looked at the doors and really cant find an easy way to run the wires through the doors, and i dont want to just run wires to where the deck is and hook them up to the stock wires. I dont think the stock wires can handle too much power.. Anyway, does anyone have any idea or can maybe give me some tips on how i should run the wire? I'd really appreciate it... Thanks...

ghettogeddy
05-04-2006, 05:35 AM
im running 150 watts through my stock wires im sure id get a better sound out of it but they are only going to hinder the sound quality id the human ear prolly wont tell the dif between 16g and lets say 10g

HostileJava
05-04-2006, 05:59 AM
For the size of the speakers you can fit in the door, the stock wiring is not going to be a limitation. Hell, I used the stock wires that ran from the hu to the rear and wired them to the speakers that ran from the doors to the hu. That way the only wires I had to run for the front speakers were wires from the amp to the where the stock rear wires were.

ghettogeddy
05-04-2006, 06:08 AM
hell i ran my rear and front through my amp and i still used all the stock wirs front and rear

Acid X
05-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Haha, alright then. Thanks guys, i'll just run the wires through the car to where the HU is and connect them up there. I REALLY appreciate it guys! Now i can hook up my fronts to my amp. Hooray! :)

mkymonkey
05-04-2006, 01:15 PM
hey i ran all new wires when i hooked up all of my speakers! i can show you how if you like! unless you already did the stock wire hook up.

call me bitch

Ludi Mali
05-08-2006, 05:25 PM
A quick way is to just hook the front speaker amp output to the stock rear wire, and then at then at the radio in the front you connect the rear and front wire. saves time and wire. But the only other way is to run the wire through the boot that holds all of the other wires. I put speakers in my rear doors using the boots.

MessyHonda
05-08-2006, 06:12 PM
A quick way is to just hook the front speaker amp output to the stock rear wire, and then at then at the radio in the front you connect the rear and front wire. saves time and wire. But the only other way is to run the wire through the boot that holds all of the other wires. I put speakers in my rear doors using the boots.

pics?...i took out my door rear door panels but then i notice i would have to get a low pro speaker or it would hit the window

Ludi Mali
05-08-2006, 07:55 PM
i got a 1" spacer. I got some 6x9 pods coming i'll throw up some pics of the whole thing once i get those in, and finish with my fronts.

Vanilla Sky
05-09-2006, 01:34 AM
i popped the boot off the body side, and used a coat hanger as a fish tape. put the hanger through and hooked the wire onto it, then simply pulled it back out.

honestly, copper degrades. our cars are close to 20 years old. i believe our speaker wire is like 22 gauge. when i put new wire in, i used 16 gauge. with a bigger gauge, i have more headroom for future upgrades. it certainly is something to upgrade, even when you're just upgrading your HU.