PDA

View Full Version : New 1gee for my friend!

2ndGenGuy
05-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Theres a beautiful maroon 1gee parked over at the junkyard for sale up the street from my house. My friend who works at the junk yard told me about it and I went over with some other friends to look at it. It's completely rust free and the only interior defect is a tear or two in the vinyl on the front seats. It's got what looks to be 105,000 on it according to service records. Supposedly it was given to the junk yard because it has a blown head gasket. My buddy is going to pick it up (assuming they're not asking a mint for it).
I'll post pics of it tomorrow.
And if my friend doesn't buy it, it's most likeyly going to go to the crusher. So I'll also let you guys know before it goes to the crusher so we can get parts off of it if anybody needs them. It would be a shame because it's been garaged its whole life and is in such good shape.

speedpenguin
05-05-2006, 06:59 AM
But I want pics NOW!

Hazwan
05-05-2006, 08:24 AM
yeah pics!

don't let tat 1gee go to the crusher!! damn I wish that I can find good condition 1gee like that here :(

carotman
05-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Just post it in the For Sale section. I'm sure someone would buy that. (Well, I would)

2ndGenGuy
05-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah we got it! $250! Here it is, it's a bit dirty, but will clean up like a charm. Does have a blown head gasket, but that will be fixed next weekend. Will post pics of the headgasket process as well when we get that done.

http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/chris-accord/

This link will provide high-res images for those of you on broadband. Below are the lower-res pics:

http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/forumpics/chris/IMG_1484.JPG
http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/forumpics/chris/IMG_1485.JPG
http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/forumpics/chris/IMG_1486.JPG
http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/forumpics/chris/IMG_1487.JPG
http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/forumpics/chris/IMG_1488.JPG
http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/forumpics/chris/IMG_1489.JPG
http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/forumpics/chris/IMG_1490.JPG

MessyHonda
05-05-2006, 12:22 PM
^^^ now that is a nice find^^^...just clean it up and polish the paint and give it a good tune up and it should run like a champ. also the interior of that car is freaken nice...what year is it? its going to turn out nice...take some pics after and post them here

Ichiban
05-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Wow what a find...i'll buy it if you need to get rid of it ever!

2ndGenGuy
05-05-2006, 01:20 PM
It's an 81. 1800cc. It's got a sweet digital gear indicator in the instrument cluster. Coolest one I've ever seen. No power steering of course.

The plan for the car is to remove the aftermarket chrome around the fenders, buff out the paint and clean up the engine after the head gasket is in. It's also going to get a nice little stereo. It's got 4 speakers in it right now. Does anybody know if thats how the speakers are stock? The stereo works great and sounds damn good for a stock 1981 tape deck.

We were thinking about pulling off the chrome rings and caps, polishing them all up to nice and shiny, and painting the wheels black. Think the black wheels and chrome rings would look good on this car?

Man this car amazes me with the features it has!

1ajs
05-05-2006, 02:48 PM
wow what a find. glad to see it got a good home

Whistler225
05-05-2006, 04:31 PM
yeah pics!
don't let tat 1gee go to the crusher!! damn I wish that I can find good condition 1gee like that here :(

Hey bro....just look out in your driveway. :)

Hazwan
05-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey bro....just look out in your driveway. :)

lol other than mine, I never actually seen other 1gee in good condition, not even on the road, let alone for sale like that

I'm looking for a hatch for a long time already, they are rare here

BTW :eek: at the red interior. As for the speakers I never seen any with stock 4 speakers setup. I could be wrong though

post more progress pics!

speedpenguin
05-05-2006, 07:22 PM
It's beautiful...

offthahook
05-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Holy freaking crap son!! I would hit that thing all night long. If it were an LX, it woulda had PS on it. If you let that get crushed, there would have been a fight. $250 is a STEAL for that thing. Only a few of us appreciate them and the junkyard thinks they got over, but that is a killer find. Wow.

2ndGenGuy
05-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Nope, no PS. It doesn't really need it. Coming in at 1900lbs...

92G2GSTurbo
05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
You know what's funny? I just junked my 79 Civic 1200, lol. It had just under 70,000 miles on it. Original engine and tranny. Problem was, the engine had ALOT of work done to it. I took it to a buddy of mine and he decked it out for me. I had a T3 turbo on it out of a 89 Dodge Daytona. He told me it was alot of work just to get it to work with the carbs. I never did figure out how he did it. You can imagine how fast that car was. I figured it was a POS so I junked it. It was only like 1600 lbs with the engine and tranny still in it. Right before I junked it I had him take everything off of it and I sold it on Ebay. It had so much rust that the driver's seat rusted through the floor board and hit the ground one day when I got in it! I removed the steering wheel and took the keys as a shrine to the Civic, lol. It looked like that Accord. It was really fast with the 4 speed tranny and the turbo on the engine. I think he said it only put out like 5 psi but still, when that car hit around 4 grand...watch out. I buried the speedo in that car so many times it wasn't even funny. With the 12 inch wheels I never caught traction unless I got on it at around 80. It always felt like it was going to fall apart at anything over 80 so I was afraid of it until I raced my friend in his 99 Civic Si. I beat him, lol. He had a Mugen intake, a Mugen exhaust, a greddy chip, and a couple other things and my turbo 79 Civic beat him and it wasn't even a CVCC 1500! I wish I had pics of it but I was too broke to afford a camera. It was light blue with a blue interior. People used to laugh at me because my old Civic had a rice rocket muffler on it. Then I was laughing back at them while I was passing them in second gear spinning the front tires!!! Since then I bought an 86 Prelude 2.0 Si 5 speed fuel injected...First year for it too. Perfect condition.

1ajs
05-10-2006, 08:42 PM
falls over laughing shame it died of rust sure sounds like it was a fun little sleeper lol cheers :cheers: injoy your prelude
welcome to the 3geez site btw

speedpenguin
05-11-2006, 08:27 AM
:welcome:

bullard123
05-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Ww good deal. That car marks the beggining of a revolutionized world of the hatch.

offthahook
08-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Man I just salivate when I look at that car. Thinking about the parts I need to get mine 100% and not being able to find them. Any news with it? Still tight.

2ndGenGuy
08-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah, the news is that the engine is kinda toast. Its been sitting next to my garage for a while. I am thinking about gutting the interior and making it into a rally / rallycross / bumblebee car. Guyhatesmycar up in Canada has some parts that I might buy from him for it.

A new head, I'll have the scored cylinder reworked and put in an oversized ring to compensate, and a 5 speed swap. Then with my newly found leet welding skillz, I'd wanna weld in a roll cage.

Sooo... that would mean gutting the interior, which means if you're looking for interior parts, you may be in luck. I'll for sure be posting my final decision in the next month or so. Just gotta get with Guyhatesmycar and find out.

Oh BTW this is officially my car now, not my friends anymore. He lost interest when he bought an RSX. I call the 81 hatch, the original RSX. :)

offthahook
08-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah, the news is that the engine is kinda toast. Its been sitting next to my garage for a while. I am thinking about gutting the interior and making it into a rally / rallycross / bumblebee car. Guyhatesmycar up in Canada has some parts that I might buy from him for it.

A new head, I'll have the scored cylinder reworked and put in an oversized ring to compensate, and a 5 speed swap. Then with my newly found leet welding skillz, I'd wanna weld in a roll cage.

Sooo... that would mean gutting the interior, which means if you're looking for interior parts, you may be in luck. I'll for sure be posting my final decision in the next month or so. Just gotta get with Guyhatesmycar and find out.

Oh BTW this is officially my car now, not my friends anymore. He lost interest when he bought an RSX. I call the 81 hatch, the original RSX. :)

That, my friend, is the sweetness. I would LOVE to find a "non hillbilly" who got an old Accord and gutted it. BUT, gutted it without just tearing the stuff up in the process. It's funny... I had a 2000 Acura Integra GS in Vogue Silver. I also had my 81 in St. Moritz silver. Both are/were hatchbacks. Side by side, and with a quick glance, they looked quite similar! Probably due more to the colors being so close, but the styling cues are definitely there. The 1G is the original RSX (even though the Integra is the original RSX). That old Accord would be the winner in any kind of rally race!

2ndGenGuy
08-21-2006, 09:57 AM
The 2000 Integra had the 4 headlights... Like the 1g. :) I bet they definitely had some smiliarities sitting side by side. I'd like to see a picture of that...

offthahook
08-21-2006, 08:35 PM
The 2000 Integra had the 4 headlights... Like the 1g. :) I bet they definitely had some smiliarities sitting side by side. I'd like to see a picture of that...

Me, too. But I never took one when they were together. That front end on each whip was seriously close. The interior was laid out in a similar fashion... So, yeah, g'head and make that 1G a rally car. I got dibs on the loot you remove. :)