PDA

View Full Version : workin on that tranny

Coy
05-05-2006, 02:30 PM
im in the process of getting parts to put the manual tranny from the 84-85 lude into my auto 85 4d LX cord. i know i need the driverside CV, clutch cable, clutch peddle, shifter rod, and the clutch stuff. i think thats all parts wise, but if im missing anything let me know. im also not quite sure if i need the clutch peddle and shifter rod from teh accord or the lude or if it matters.

theres something wireing wise that needs done for the swap as well so it doesnt think its always in park. if anyone has a writeup or some relevant info let me know.

PhydeauX
05-06-2006, 11:59 AM
I think you'll be the first to do an 5 speed swap into a 2g. I don't remeber seeing anything about one before. I'm fairly certain that the lude rods won't work, and I don't think the pedals etc from the lude will work either but I'm not sure. The safe bet is to get them all from an accord. The process and parts needed should be similar to the 3g. Electricaly you need to do something about the neuteral safety switch, theres stuff about that in the 3g howto, it should be the same. 5speed 2g's never had a clutch switch, similar to the 86-87 accords, so jumpering the switch in the harness should do the trick.

andy

Coy
05-08-2006, 06:29 PM
jst thought id check on that wireing. i didnt think there was a write up on it, but ill look for the 3g howto. the most wiring ive done is puttin in a headunit, so give me a decent explanation.

Coy
05-27-2006, 09:19 PM
ive been sondering about how the auto tranny has been acting, is it maybe a possibility that the trashed driverside CV or the ancient motor mounts may have anything to do with its bad shifting. i have not checked the shift cable either.

heres what it did the last time i drove the car: (sorry, its been a couple months)i did not let it warm up long before i took it for s pin, in the past letting the engine get to temp has helped it shift better. took off for the spin in it and it tached at almost 6 grand in first then slowly commenced to shift to second. IIRC it tached to between 3 and 4 grand in second before it shifted to third and .... which again in third it tached to almost 6 grand then slowly shifted to fourth and stayed tached between 3 and 4 grand. it hung at like 50 MPH going uphill. sometimes it does tend to bang its gears, sometimes it just goes kinda slowly, and when its been at operating temp for a bit it generally shifts rather smoothly but sometimes shifts really slowly. the fluid has been drained quite a few times when i was driving it regularly and refilled to spec.

any ideas or explanations?