PDA

View Full Version : junkyard day, all you can carry $50

SQ is the SQUAD
05-06-2006, 04:02 PM
i am getting into chipping ecu's so i have been picking up all the ecus i can get. so a frined of mine let me know about this all you can carry for $50 deal. since i was only plannig on grabbing a few ecus and some valve covers i only brought my rachet and 10 mm. now this is good for everytime i got to the junkyard cuz i never see anything good. when i get there what do i see. two green sei coupes. i start kicking my self and swaering. so i end up getting 6 ecu;s and 7 valvecovers. i say i gots my $50 worth seeing that the other day i spen $50 on one ecu. i had to do a limo job for my cousin so i had to take the 30 min ride back home. i rushed, did the limo job, and headed back to the junkyard. with only about 45 mins until the closed, i got a set of rear disc brakes, rear sway bar, both arm reat and both cupholders. i am pretty happy with everything i got, plus i still know where a set of rear disc brakes are

86AccordLxi
05-06-2006, 04:16 PM
What ecu's are you chipping? Using a rom-burner or what? Software? Just curious :)

Alex

newaccorddriver
05-06-2006, 04:46 PM
can you get the other set of rear discs? ill pay a reasonable price for them:)

Whistler225
05-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Dang man.....do me a favor, let me know next time they're going to do that if you can. It might be worth the drive for me to come down there if they have a few 3G's.....

SQ is the SQUAD
05-06-2006, 05:04 PM
they got a bunch of 3geez there. it was my first time there and i was surpised how many hondas what there. they said they only do the all you can carry once or twice a year. i havent actually started chipping them, just doing the reaserch now. working on making an odb1 conversin kit for 3geez and i just brought a lot of 10 panisonic toughbook laptops so once i get a deal on some widebands i can offer a complete tuning kit

SQ is the SQUAD
05-06-2006, 05:06 PM
can you get the other set of rear discs? ill pay a reasonable price for them:)

ley me know how much your willing to pay, these ones might be for sale, i already got a set. you will need to get new ebrake cables.

newaccorddriver
05-06-2006, 06:06 PM
ley me know how much your willing to pay, these ones might be for sale, i already got a set. you will need to get new ebrake cables.

pm'd

Whistler225
05-06-2006, 07:26 PM
SQ: hey next time you go out there, could you do me a favor and see if any of those cars (carb) have good vacuum metal lines? Mine are rusted so I would like to replace them. If it wouldn't be a huge deal I would be happy to get you the money for them plus whatever you think is fair for labor taking them off and shipping, looking at them it doesn't look like they'd be too terribly tough to remove....and you wouldn't happen to have noticed if any of them are gold have you? (specifically YR-60M-3) Looking for a nice trunk lid. If not no biggie....I haven't had much luck around here is all....

SQ is the SQUAD
05-06-2006, 07:34 PM
i dont exactly rember seeing a gold one. the place i went to is holland used auto parts in north billrecia. it right of the trouble cove road exit off rt3, should be too far from nh

MessyHonda
05-06-2006, 07:45 PM
sounds like a good day at the junk yard....we are going to have the 50% off sale on May 26-29.... i want some cheap cupholders...i also want a OEM switch to put in my door locks openers since mine is the DX model

Whistler225
05-06-2006, 08:08 PM
I'll have to check it out....thanks

A18A
05-09-2006, 02:25 AM
man ur lucky, if i had $50, and a junk yard like that id be getting as much as my body can handle, JYs here are so useless, expect about $200 just for a ignition modual useless bastards

AccordB20A
05-17-2006, 09:32 PM
you got that right chap.