PDA

View Full Version : holy crap

lostforawhile
05-07-2006, 09:17 AM
http://www.importcarburetors.com/contents/en-us/front.html 208 bucks for a rebuilt Keihin with a lifetime warranty? where did these people come from? it's a good sign when there is a pic of an accord hatch on the front page of the catalog. heres the quote from the front page of the catalog Welcome to one of the largest remanufactuers of O.E.M. (Original Equipment Manufacturer) premium rebuilt Import Carburetors. Our Lifetime Warranty has been leading the wholesale automotive market for over 25 years. All premium carburetors are completely rebuilt using new O.E.M. parts, aluminum oxide coated for lasting corrsion resistance and then engine and flow bench tested. When you install our remanufactured carburetor, you will have little or no adjustments. That's our guarantee and why we offer a lifetime warranty.

Importcarburetors.com pays for you to return the old core. The carburetor we ship you comes with a UPS Return shipping label. Repack your core in the box that your carburetor came in, adhere the UPS label, and give to any UPS driver or UPS drop box. No paper work or long lines and it's FREE!

lostforawhile
05-07-2006, 09:30 AM
uh how can I change the title of my post,I didn't realize there was another post with the same title,this will cause some confusion I'm afraid

Whistler225
05-07-2006, 09:37 AM
wow....no kidding! That's an awesome deal. I would go that way for sure if I wasn't planning to eliminate most of my vacuum lines. I'm going with the weber conversion, since it seems pretty straight forward, and I found a kit for 400 bucks. After owning a '79 dodge, this vacuum stuff just irritates the hell out of me....and my car is too old for emissions in NH (thank god lol).

Weird thing is, now that I've decided to do the weber swap, my car is idling better....although that's probably because I put in a new rear fuel filter yesterday (the old one was FULL of junk....what came out of it was a lovely rust-brown color). I dunno....I have a few days to drive the car and mull it over before the money from the truck sale comes in....we'll see how she runs at that point.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. 208 dollars is a deal! Those carbs are like 600 bucks new!

Whistler225
05-07-2006, 09:38 AM
lol....yeah I noticed that too...figured I would see what YOU were saying "holy crap about." No worries on my end....I was just pointing out a car on ebay.

lostforawhile
05-07-2006, 10:24 AM
wow....no kidding! That's an awesome deal. I would go that way for sure if I wasn't planning to eliminate most of my vacuum lines. I'm going with the weber conversion, since it seems pretty straight forward, and I found a kit for 400 bucks. After owning a '79 dodge, this vacuum stuff just irritates the hell out of me....and my car is too old for emissions in NH (thank god lol).
Weird thing is, now that I've decided to do the weber swap, my car is idling better....although that's probably because I put in a new rear fuel filter yesterday (the old one was FULL of junk....what came out of it was a lovely rust-brown color). I dunno....I have a few days to drive the car and mull it over before the money from the truck sale comes in....we'll see how she runs at that point.
Sorry to go off on a tangent. 208 dollars is a deal! Those carbs are like 600 bucks new!east wood makes a cleaner sealer kit for the tank for like 50 bucks,I'm going to do that just because of the age of mine. it sounds like you've got some rust in your tank.

ghettogeddy
05-07-2006, 10:28 AM
so how hard is it to cahnge a carb id it just removing some vacume lines then a few bolts or is it really complicated

lostforawhile
05-07-2006, 10:45 AM
it's a pain,it's mostly making sure you mark everything so it goes on correctly,this carb also has coolant flowing through it so you have that to consider. this one here has an abundance of vaccume lines. you might also consider replacing most of the short lines near the carb,they have a tendency to crack over time from heat. you might also need the special o ring that goes on the carb base,once you take the carb off it needs to be replaced.