PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh! I Locked My Keys In The Car!! And The Radio Is Still On!!!!

ZackieDarko
05-08-2006, 04:27 PM
HELP! :( man i feel stupid ...the back seats in my hatch were folded down cause i was moving stuff the other day and i decided to put them back up so i crawled into the back and fixed it all up back there then i decided i didnt wana crall back to the driver seat so i go out the passenger door because it was closer...my DUMB ASS SELF opens the passenger door LOCKS IT and gets out..i go around to the driver side not remembering that it was STILL LOCKED and well now here we are..my ONLY set of keys is in the car AND the radio is STILL ON :( i dunno what to do!! how do we break into our own cars??? please help me :(

-Zack

ZackieDarko
05-08-2006, 04:37 PM
i'll give it a try, where along the door do i slip the thing in?

its an 86 hatchy if it matters

MessyHonda
05-08-2006, 04:41 PM
most cars are the same...we have a slim jim in our autobody shop. you have to fish for the hook that is connected to the lock and then pull up. my uncle has power locks so we passed it down the window and pulled the bottom and all 4 doors open....took us like 15 mins

A18A
05-08-2006, 04:47 PM
well if ur still worried about your battery going flat, you could get into the bonnet by reaching up thru ur bumper with a flat head screw driver, or some keys and push it thru that lil gap untill the bonnet pops
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/89accord/Picture048.jpg

but breaking into it aint that hard wich is a shame really, i got into my car in only about a couple minutes when i locked my keys in there, it was just a fluke tho, but im sure its easy

adams86lxi
05-08-2006, 04:53 PM
find someone with a honda key like yours and just stick it in the key hole and wiggle it around while turning it and pulling the key out of the hole slightly as u turn it, until the door unlocks. I can pretty much get any honda to open like this especially the older ones like are's that are alittle more worn out..

ZackieDarko
05-08-2006, 05:45 PM
i got it open! well me and an old budy got it open with a speical tool we invented..pix to come

thanks for teh help everybody :)

86AccordLxi
05-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Maybe don't show those pics...don't want anyone gettin' any ideas.

Alex

ZackieDarko
05-08-2006, 06:52 PM
i was only gonna post pics because somebody already tryed to break into my car back in janurary and the door hasnt been replaced so we pulled the door back fromt he car a little bit and used our makeshift tool..trust me this thing would not work unless your door is broken

dejenerit
05-08-2006, 07:52 PM
use a heavy duty camp fork and bend one of the for arms up..that way you have a puller and a pusher..then wedge the door open with a screw driver at the top right corner and bend the fork as you pass it through..it works perfect I've had to do it several times cause my neighbors are idiots...

A20A1
05-17-2006, 03:39 PM
You can also pull on the hood release if you can find it in the driverside wheel well.

I had to use a screw driver to get my 95 corolla door open I had to pry under the door handle and expose the lock. I tried doing everything I could from the top between the window and the door but nothing would catch.

Whistler225
05-17-2006, 04:05 PM
geez....you guys sure go to alot of trouble to break into your cars lol.....it's so damned easy it's pitiful.

get a towel.
get a large bladed screwdriver.
get a coathanger.

put the towel on the roof near the edge of the door. gently push the blade of the screwdriver into the narrow gap between the top of the door and the car. (make sure the towel keeps the screwdriver from scratching your paint). Pry the door open gently until you have about a 1" gap and you can see into the car. reach in with the coat hanger and pop your lock. Takes about 1 minute, and I've done it several times with different cars without damaging any of them.

Alternative: buy one of those groovy magnetic key holders and put a spare in it, and then hide it really well under your car somewhere where you can get to it if you lock yourself out again.

These cars were (and are) famous for how easy they are to break into.....

TheWatcher
05-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Alternative: buy one of those groovy magnetic key holders and put a spare in it, and then hide it really well under your car somewhere where you can get to it if you lock yourself out again.
Nah.

He just needs to get an alarm w/ keyless entry.

Problem solved.

Peace.

ZackieDarko
05-18-2006, 09:48 AM
Nah.
He just needs to get an alarm w/ keyless entry.
Problem solved.
Peace.

need power locks for that

MessyHonda
05-18-2006, 02:16 PM
need power locks for that

add them...im going to put a alarm on my car and im going to put power door locks on on the front 2 doors. looks like it can be done if you are good at wiring. im geting them from my neighbor since he works installing stereos and alarms in cars...

Whistler225
05-18-2006, 06:47 PM
remote doesn't do you much good if it's on your keychain and you lock the keys in the car lol....

TheWatcher
05-18-2006, 09:20 PM
remote doesn't do you much good if it's on your keychain and you lock the keys in the car lol....
You obviously don't have keyless entry.

You lock the car w/ the remote. So you never lock you keys in the car ever again. :)

Peace.

mkymonkey
05-18-2006, 09:37 PM
geez....you guys sure go to alot of trouble to break into your cars lol.....it's so damned easy it's pitiful.
get a towel.
get a coathanger.
put the towel on the roof near the edge of the door. gently push the blade of the screwdriver into the narrow gap between the top of the door and the car. (make sure the towel keeps the screwdriver from scratching your paint). Pry the door open gently until you have about a 1" gap and you can see into the car. reach in with the coat hanger and pop your lock. Takes about 1 minute, and I've done it several times with different cars without damaging any of them.

wow thats dangerous. i can tell you ive seen really bad things happen when people try to open their cars with a screwdriver. most of them include broken windows and bent door frame.

anyway im a professional tow truck driver (no im not waving my stupid tittle at you) and can tell you the correct way to do it but only if you pm me and ask me really nicely. :D

and for the record, slim jims dont work on coupes and hatches. only on four doors. well if you try really hard it might work on coupes/hatches but it will probably fuck up your locks.

meh you dont have to pay attention to me but thats my .02

theDougler
05-18-2006, 11:28 PM
get a towel.
get a coathanger.
haha i had to do that one time and then when i had my muffler put on the guy found a couple of spare keys hanging on the muffler hanger

Whistler225
05-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Monkey....no doubt you are correct, but I've never had a problem doing it that way...