PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noise in the front

Fuzy Navel
05-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Hey, I have this weird click noise in my front end... Whenever i come up to a stop light and come to almost a complete stop it goes CLICK sounds like both sides but mainly the drivers side is real loud... it dosent do it when i turn or anything else just when i stop... and not all the time just like every other time, I already had my cv joints replaced and i need new struts and springs i know this and my bushings are bad but i cant figure out what the clicking noise is... I replaced the outter tie rod ends just fine no problems and it still does it i dont know if my caliper might be loose or what any ideas?

Oldblueaccord
05-09-2006, 12:41 PM
When you have the wheels off check the brake/brake calipers make sure all the fastners are tight. Also if your dont have the clips in the caliper to hold the pads in place youll here all kinds of noises or there old and lost there spring.

wp

w261w261
05-09-2006, 02:28 PM
This is a CLICK as opposed to a KNOCK, right? If it were a failing ball joint I think it's more clunky-sounding. I've never had a front ball joint get that far gone, but when the rear was going I took every single thing out of my trunk looking for what was knocking in there. It sounded exactly like something was loose and hitting the side of the trunk on a turn.

Try backing up and hitting the brakes and see if it does it there too.

Fuzy Navel
05-09-2006, 11:02 PM
I just got off of work and tommrow i will check it its my day off... I will check the brakes and everything and its just like a click like someone taking a peace of metal and hitting it thanks guys

88Accord-DX
05-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Warped rotors & loose upper ball joints sounds familar. Hard to say without looking at it.