PDA

View Full Version : Well my axle is screwed!!!

drewsleeperlxi
05-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Just to start out this is my first thread so here it goes. Welll i have a 1989 honda accord lxi. A20a3....well i love to drift my front wheel drive car who doesnt well i was testing my abbilities on a dirt road out in the middle of no where when i love control and go high center half way in a ditched it sucked well i went to some farmers house and asked if he could help tow me out and he was like no i car get a fine and i was like wtf fine well anyway i was sitting there just messing with stuff and i got my car up to like 140 mph just kinda screwing aroung when i found a boot i was like uh ho and it turned out to be my axle boot i was like FUC* and i was on a dirt road so now i have a fucke* up axle and no exhaust long story and oil leak...well just wanted to share with u and see what u had to say...:Owned:

dalinxz
05-10-2006, 08:49 PM
well get a friend to tow you out, as for the axel its really no big deal just as long as the axel nut isnt rusted shut, use a bar for leverage to get it open its a 32mm nut and then take out the tie rod nut, lower ball joint nut and upper control arm bolt out, remember take out the cotter pins first. Now go under the car and use a screwdriver or prybar to take out the end from the transmission oh and your going to have to remove the bolt from the fork which may be seized so be careful its a bitch to get out if it is, It might even break off, anyways pry the fork away from the bottom thing and ya take it out. and then put everything back together, kind of complicated the first time but easy after your done it all.

speedpenguin
05-11-2006, 09:07 AM
And the winner of the coveted Completely Nonsensical Forum Post award goes to...

ghettogeddy
05-11-2006, 09:13 AM
so i dont under stand u were in a ditch doing a 140 or was that another day casue that would be kind of stupid to sit there and push your car that hard while its stuck

drewsleeperlxi
05-11-2006, 09:44 AM
I was stuck in the ditch and all my tires would do is spin so i put it in 5th and just mashed on it and it was going like 140

speedpenguin
05-11-2006, 10:05 AM
First thing any experienced driver will tell you:
If you're stuck anywhere, in mud, snow, ice, a ditch, whatever. Don't floor it. It'll only make things worse. Light acceleration in a very low gear is the way to go.

ghettogeddy
05-11-2006, 10:09 AM
this guy needs :help:

drewsleeperlxi
05-11-2006, 10:12 AM
i was high center i wasnt going anywere anyways i had to get towed out by one of my friends

ghettogeddy
05-11-2006, 10:17 AM
but did u think at all about the damage you could have caused

dalinxz
05-11-2006, 01:21 PM
hey actually are you rich, is this just a play toy, or is this your car and you dont have money to waste?

HostileJava
05-11-2006, 02:25 PM
well get a friend to tow you out, as for the axel its really no big deal just as long as the axel nut isnt rusted shut, use a bar for leverage to get it open its a 32mm nut and then take out the tie rod nut, lower ball joint nut and upper control arm bolt out, remember take out the cotter pins first. Now go under the car and use a screwdriver or prybar to take out the end from the transmission oh and your going to have to remove the bolt from the fork which may be seized so be careful its a bitch to get out if it is, It might even break off, anyways pry the fork away from the bottom thing and ya take it out. and then put everything back together, kind of complicated the first time but easy after your done it all.

You missed one very small, but important step there, drain the tranny fluid first.

And as for the thread starter. Could you please read the thread back to yourself before you post. That didn't make much sense to me.

dalinxz
05-11-2006, 07:38 PM
you dont have to drain the transmission fluid to change the axel nothing comes out maybe the most minute of drops.

EDIT: Actually not drops, drop.

HostileJava
05-11-2006, 08:00 PM
you dont have to drain the transmission fluid to change the axel nothing comes out maybe the most minute of drops.
EDIT: Actually not drops, drop.

Tell you what, you go out and pull the axle without draining the tranny and tell me what happens. When I did my auto to manual swap one of my axles wasn't seated right, when I came back out the next morning the tranny was empty and there was fluid all over the floor where the axle went in. Maybe if you had the car jacked up high enough on one side you could get it to all lay against the other side of the tranny. But of course the proper way to work on it is to have both sides of the car up on jackstands or on a lift.

dalinxz
05-11-2006, 09:04 PM
nope i usually just jack the side im doing and nothing comes down, mine is auto. and whatever comes out is only because it was on the tip of the axle that im taking out and just touches the outside.

speedpenguin
05-12-2006, 01:57 AM
Then you're low on fluid and you're going to wreck your tranny

dalinxz
05-12-2006, 12:30 PM
well thats wierd im planning on doing a refill just need to buy Honda ATF since the generic brand wont work