PDA

View Full Version : learning

sinisterfuzzy
05-12-2006, 07:05 PM
how do you guys learn best? as far as everything i feel like i've read as much as i can on the forums and shoul just get my hands on a civic and start there with an engine swap. is all this learning part reading part hands on? i feel like i'd get a better grasping of how stuff worked if i started with a more "basic" engine swap... am i on the right track here? should i start with something simpler and work my way up or what? help me out here. thanks

Jord

B16KILLA
05-12-2006, 07:09 PM
I learn best by doing. I think you should work your way up on the car you already have. Run the motor into the ground and swap an a20a3 in . That should be simple enough for you if your just begining. Also buy some books on automotive technology and engine swaps . The information is endless

Strugglebucket
05-12-2006, 07:29 PM
i learn best under extreme pressure. like your only car breaks down and you have to figure out how to fix it before work. that way you NEVER forget what you learn.

MessyHonda
05-12-2006, 08:47 PM
yup i did no know what a carb was like 6 years ago...now im hella into my car...since i drive it i want to make it unique...im not going to race other cars i just want it to stand out from the crowed. my neighbors have 2 3gees one is a red 2 door coupe and a 4 door lx with 138k...too bad my body is in way better shape.

truetune
05-13-2006, 01:29 PM
for me to learn something I must be interested in the subject matter to start with or I need to see a use of the knowledge being introduced to me. I find reading up on stuff is a great way of learning stuff the only problem with that is either the unsure factor of what your reading or how to do what your reading up on. including just the fact you can't belive everything you read. so at times theres nothing better than hands on learing its the way to learn things fast for me.