PDA

View Full Version : Car Questions...

djcslice
05-12-2006, 07:22 PM
I have a few questions about a 87 accord dx.
how many total engine mounts are there?
what parts are needed to replace the shocks/struts?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
05-14-2006, 05:25 AM
There are a total of four engine mounts. One front mount, one rear mount, one side mount on the driver's side, and a torque strut (dog bone) that mounts to the firewall at the top of the engine near the tranny. Sorry, can't help you on the shocks/struts. Getting a shopmanual from http://www.pauldesign.ru/ would be a good place to start. Hope this helps.

djcslice
05-14-2006, 07:29 AM
i do have a shop manual, i am just wondering since no one sells an actual STUT what all i need, shocks, springs?, mounting hardware kits?, etc?

MessyHonda
05-14-2006, 09:42 AM
well i replaced my struts....it came with some bolts to change out the old ones. you will need a compression thing to take out the sturt out of the spring. it took my uncle and me like a hour to do both...its real nice to have have a lift.

djcslice
05-14-2006, 03:55 PM
was that the coils too or just the shock absorbers? did the absorbers come with springs or not? where did you get the struts?

MessyHonda
05-14-2006, 06:32 PM
was that the coils too or just the shock absorbers? did the absorbers come with springs or not? where did you get the struts?

i only replaced the struts...you can get lowering springs while your at it. i got my sturts on ebay... get some KYB since they are a good replacement...i also got my lowering springs on ebay...they were used but i got a good deal on them. you should get it profecionally installed cuz it does take time and work. some places put KYB shocks around here for 250 bucks installed.

djcslice
05-14-2006, 07:29 PM
i can do it myself, i guess i just wanted to know if i should get a mounting kit and or a new set of coils. FYI stuts are the coils and shock absorbers together. Coils are just the springs.