PDA

View Full Version : Door Dont Close

StUpiD8000
08-24-2002, 07:06 PM
I've had my car for a year now, And I've never had my driver side door close all the way. The door ajar lights always on and all the other shit. I just saw that a fuw cars here have the same thing. Is this a thing with 3geez or do the pics i saw lie?

POS carb
08-24-2002, 08:05 PM
You probably just need to move the striker in a bit.

Bobs89LXi
08-24-2002, 08:25 PM
I agree with Eric. I have had to move the striker on mine quite a few times. Another thing that happens with our cars is that over time, the weight of the door puts a load on the hinges and the door tends to start sagging a bit.

StUpiD8000
08-25-2002, 11:06 AM
thats just it I can see that the door is not really closed by looking at it. And Ive tryed to slam the door hard enough to brake the glass and it wont close. If it was a hinge, that would have closed it. And as for the striker, thats the thing that makes the door light come on right? If so, thats not it.

Bobs89LXi
08-25-2002, 12:18 PM
Lift the door as you are closing it. If the hinges are worn, the door will latch closed. If not, I still believe it's the striker, the plate with a square loop attached to the door jam, which the door latch locks into. It can be adjusted using a large philips screw driver and a crescent wrench or wise grips for leverage (since the screws are quite large). If you have a ratchet with a philips attachment, that's even better.