PDA

View Full Version : Car stumbles when it wants to.

Nospeed
05-15-2006, 02:36 PM
so yeah. when its idling, its fine...but when im going 55-60, it stumbles a bit. im throwing the egr code (im getting one from b20a86lude i guess???) and when it stumbles i can flick the ignigtion from on to acc for a sec then back, and it will clear the stumble for a few minutes. the car never dies, and it doesnt do it when im just sitting. maybe fuel pump? injectors? i dunno.

shepherd79
05-18-2006, 06:01 AM
a few choicese:
1. check spark plugs, distributor car and rotor. Make sure they are not burned and look good. clean the plugs.
2. clean fuel injectors. use seafoam, B12 or Red line stuff. all 3 work great.
3. You may have water in your gas. I know that because that is what my does right now, and i know it is not injectors or plugs or cap and rotor. use some Iso-heet. Great stuff.

Nospeed
05-19-2006, 05:04 AM
plugs, cap, rotor are on my to do list...but i dunno about gas. wouldnt i get some kind of stumble all through acceleration? it only does it when im at a steady speed (55-60) for more than 5 minutes really. it doesnt bog down, it just stutters like its a misfire or something. ill check the cap,rotor, and plugs later...now=sleep.

Johnny O
06-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Also check the vacumn advance it can cause a stumble under accec.

sedare
06-20-2006, 02:13 AM
I have this exact same problem right now and am trying to fix it... WITHOUT taking it to a shop. im not a mechanic tho :(
when my buddy helped me replace the head, I fiddled with the EGR valve connection to the exhaust manifold... and now im getting an EGR valve ECU idiot light code. in 3rd gear i get this code going 40 mph and in 5th gear i get this code at 60 mph. 4th gear not sure... i know i get it... jsut not sure what exact speed is. I dont wanna know how to bypass the EGR... I want to know what i should check to make sure all the connects/vacuums are hooked up right.

I have checked the dist cap/plugs and they are fine... its been doing this for a few months... but its just a beater atm. Im looking to fix er up.
with this code...where do i start?