PDA

View Full Version : AUTO b20A TO MANUAL B20A...ECU InFO

AccordB20A
05-16-2006, 04:02 AM
righto i heard the ecu is diffrent between manual b20as and auto b20as. i dont know if ive heard right or wrong and i cant find any info anywhere so im presuming the ECUs are the same and i dont have to swap it since my accord used to be auto now its a manual.

any help will be appriciated. i want to make sure i get this car right the 1st time when i put it together :)

Kabuki
05-17-2006, 10:46 AM
It's entirely possible. Unfortunately, we don't have many of them here, so I can't tell you for sure. Hopefully, Carotman will chime in here shortly with an answer. I believe though, that the transmission has a seperate control unit, and thus does not require much interaction with the ECU. This is the case with MOST of the other honda ECUs, including ALL of the OBD1 Accord and Prelude units. The big exceptions I'm sure of are the OBD0, OBD1, and OBD2 Civics, which have the transmission control built in to the ECU. So where the Civic ECUs require some jumper changes and hardware addition/removal, the Prelude and Accord units just require jumper changes. The ROM code is the same between both styles though, on ALL of the ECUs I know of.

carotman
05-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Yeah, the Accord ECU do not control the tranny whatsoever.

U have 2 PH3 ECUs here and one is from an auto and the other is from a manual. There are slight differences that i'm tring to figure out.

I tried both ECUs in my car and had idling problems. I switched back to the PK2 and everything was ok. I guess I still have some fine tuning to do.

AccordB20A
05-17-2006, 09:06 PM
what wood an ecu have to do with having manual or auto tho?

Versanick
05-19-2006, 02:57 PM
There are auto-related idle controls on some auto ECU's. Also, with some types of cars, the fuel maps are a little different because the auto version of the motor often comes with a slightly different cam (for a slightly different powerband, as the auto tranny will spend time in different RPm ranges than a manual one, and usually not as high top RPM)