PDA

View Full Version : Where to find car BODIES?

maxsideburn
05-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Ok, for two weeks I've been beating my head against a brick wall trying to find a freakin' coupe or hatchback body ANYWHERE in my area. I have called every salvage yard around here asking to please buy an entire car, and they won't do it.
Now you can get any part you want for your car, but not a new body? So if someone rear-ends your $20,000 modified Accord you're supposed to just chuck away the engine, suspension, interior, and everything else you have into the car?? Please if ANYONE knows where I can buy just a car body let me know. I'm at my end, I can't think of anything else and I know damned well there has to be some way to get new car bodies. (And no I'm not going to wait 6 years for one to show up as a parts car in my local paper, there are always parts car Accords in there, but they're ALWAYS 4 door models).
Thanks guys, any suggestions are really appreciated.

c'mon there HAS to be a way to get a car body.

I really like my Accord and all, but I just can't stomach driving a 4 door any longer. So of course what's my easiest solution... get a different body.

It's either that or leave the Accord behind, which I'd really rather not do. :(

Vanilla Sky
05-18-2006, 01:29 PM
craigslist. you probably won't find one as a body, but it's not uncommon to find one for less than $1000 in nice shape.

maxsideburn
05-18-2006, 01:37 PM
well, yeah.....but that's the problem. I would buy one in running condition, but it's going to be in freakin' Pennsylvania, or California or something.

That's why I'm saying there must be some way to just buy a body. A body is a car part correct? I don't want to get discouraged, but damn, I've been trying for weeks. There are NO coupes or hatchbacks for sale in Louisiana, but TONS and TONS of 4 door models :(

I just want a hatchy :)

Vanilla Sky
05-18-2006, 02:33 PM
no, a body for a unit body is a rolling chassis. that's not something you can buy from a junkyard, as they are ALL supposed to be branded with a certificate of destruction.

maxsideburn
05-18-2006, 02:39 PM
ok.......then HOW do you get a body? I mean there must be some place like a junkyard that has lots of them you can pick from........because waiting 10 years for one to pop up in a paper is just unacceptable. I just refuse to accept it, there MUST be some way to get a body without so much trouble.

Legend_master
05-18-2006, 03:44 PM
ok.......then HOW do you get a body? I mean there must be some place like a junkyard that has lots of them you can pick from........because waiting 10 years for one to pop up in a paper is just unacceptable. I just refuse to accept it, there MUST be some way to get a body without so much trouble.

I have one that needs some TLC, the rear qaurterpanel has been hit and needs some work. I live in texas and I guess it would be close to you. The interior is awsome, the engine runs (but it has a severe leak from the tranny after an axle change). I converted it to a 5-speed and it has new struts. Looking to get $500.00

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/08f82ce0.jpg

maxsideburn
05-18-2006, 04:29 PM
sounds good, I would definately get it...but is it driveable? I'm far from a rich man and don't own a truck or a trailer :(

Legend_master
05-18-2006, 04:36 PM
sounds good, I would definately get it...but is it driveable? I'm far from a rich man and don't own a truck or a trailer :(

If I can fix the leak, I am not sure what it is. I think that it might be a axle seal or something, but I am not sure. I will let you know what it is here in the next few days.

maxsideburn
05-19-2006, 08:32 AM
If you can fix the leak and make it driveable I will give you $600 for it ;)

Oldblueaccord
05-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Theres an all Honda junkyard outside of Tuscaloosa AL. sorry cant remember the name. its right on the interstate. Prolly carry about 500 cars alotta nice new hail damaged cars there all the time. dunno what a body alone would run but I wouldnt pay more than $500 myself in this area of the country.

wp

Oldblueaccord
05-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Troy's auto parts
inter 59 exit 77

Cottondale AL 35453

1 800 356 1287

wp