PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how much car shipping costs?

maxsideburn
05-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Ok, this is my last straw. I've been looking and looking for weeks for a coupe or hatchback body, since 4 door cars make me queezy. I called every junkyard in town, of course they can't sell me one of the 25 freakin' hatchback bodies they have.....NOOOOO that would just be way too easy. Well, my one source of easy to find hatchback bodies exhausted I turn to looking online. I tried ebay, autotrader, cars.com, kellybluebook, and every other used car site out there. I then resorted to the marketplace here on the site. No luck there, so I started digging through every paper in town for weeks, tons of sedans being sold as parts and rolling chassis and such, no coupes or hatchbacks. I've even spent close to $100 riding around just looking for cars for sale on the side of the road, I've even flagged down coupe and hatchy drivers just to ask them if they wanted to sell/trade their car!

I give up, there is nothing in this state.....man I hate this state. Louisiana is devoid of coupe or hatchback Honda Accords so what choice do I have? Steal a body from the junkyard? Heh, yeah right. No, really, what other choice do I have? I want to keep a 3G, just not a damned 4 door one.

Ok, so now IF I can manage to find a decently priced coupe or hatchback ( I don't want to pay much because I don't need it running, I have an engine). How much is car shipping? I've never shipped a car before. I mean am I going to end up paying $2000 to ship a freakin' $200 car??

Thanks guys, I'm just at the end of my rope. I want a 3G, but I can't stand to look at 4 doors any more. And if I get a completely different car I probably won't be happy with that.

86AccordLxi
05-18-2006, 02:02 PM
I think it's about $700-1000, obviously depending on distance. Did you try craigslist?

Alex

maxsideburn
05-18-2006, 02:06 PM
yes I've tried craigslist.......but I live in Louisiana, lol. Nobody seems to quite grasp what I'm saying. Let me put this in perspective:

Right now there are over thirty six thousand cars listed on ebaymotors...
but when I specify within 500 miles of Louisiana it drop to fourteen hundred!!!

There's just nothing here......So I guess my last option is shot too. I was wanting to pay $700-1000 for the car itself, hopefully even less since all I need is a freakin' body, doesn't even have to have an interior or engine.

maxsideburn
05-18-2006, 02:17 PM
ok, just went through craiglist......not only is there no coupes or hatchbacks, there are no 3Gs whatsoever anywhere in this area on there.

Vanilla Sky
05-18-2006, 02:32 PM
get patient or sell out. coupes and hatches aren't too easy to come by, especially as parts cars. junkyards won't sell the cars because after they go to the junkyard, they are supposed to be branded with a COD title.

maxsideburn
05-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Look I've been fighting with cars for over 5 years now trying to finally get something I like. I finally found a car I really like, but it's fugly with the 4 doors. I don't want to sell it, but being in Louisiana I don't ever see one comming around that I can swap my stuff into.

Vanilla Sky
05-18-2006, 05:18 PM
if it's THAT bad, get a coupe from the junkyard as a parts car, or hell, cut it up in the yard, and do a sedan to coupe conversion.

88LXi68
05-18-2006, 05:28 PM
I will be driving a stripped down 89 Coupe DX to New Orleans next week. Any interest? $200 and it is yours

bakedboarder34
05-18-2006, 05:46 PM
bro there are plenty in seattle. heres my advice, get a buddy and drive out here, buy one (you can get a nice one for like 1-2k, and drive back. i feel you in your situation but if you want one sometimes u have to go alittle out of your territory to get what you need.

snoopyloopy
05-18-2006, 07:24 PM
i myself tend to like the 4 doors. i think they're the best looking one. especially in black, lowered maybe 2" or so, and some nice clean rims and w/ the oem spoiler. like flyingmen's car. that's extremely clean. but to each his own. too bad you don't live in ca or don't want to travel out here. we're awash in them. so if you get the urge, you could maybe head over here and pick one up and drive it back w/ you. like the other fellow from seattle suggested. but whatever you decide, good luck and i hope you can find one.

MessyHonda
05-18-2006, 10:04 PM
my neighbor is going to sell his coupe dx auto...it has 191k miles but it has the BS engine that he says has 90k it looks nice since it has a paint job like less than 2 years.

maxsideburn
05-19-2006, 08:39 AM
heh, I guess people in the rest of the country actually travel.....but most people in louisiana are kinda poor compared to the rest of the country.....travelling to California to me sounds like mounting an expedition to the south pole.

I mean I'm looking for a car body only really, no engine, no transmission, no interior, just the rolling chassis. And I'm really looking for it in my immediate area for under $700, because frankly that's about all I have to spend on something like this. With gas prices like they are now even if I got a bank loan for a very nice $2k Coupe and drove to California it would end up costing me like $3k after gas and expenses.

I'm trying to fix up a car on a budget, and so far I've done well, but I'm just not happy with a 4 door, and I never will be, that's why I'm so desperate to find a coupe or hb so that I didn't waste all of the money I put into this car.

Oldblueaccord
05-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Ok, this is my last straw. I've been looking and looking for weeks for a coupe or hatchback body, since 4 door cars make me queezy. I called every junkyard in town, of course they can't sell me one of the 25 freakin' hatchback bodies they have.....NOOOOO that would just be way too easy. Well, my one source of easy to find hatchback bodies exhausted I turn to looking online. I tried ebay, autotrader, cars.com, kellybluebook, and every other used car site out there. I then resorted to the marketplace here on the site. No luck there, so I started digging through every paper in town for weeks, tons of sedans being sold as parts and rolling chassis and such, no coupes or hatchbacks. I've even spent close to $100 riding around just looking for cars for sale on the side of the road, I've even flagged down coupe and hatchy drivers just to ask them if they wanted to sell/trade their car!
I give up, there is nothing in this state.....man I hate this state. Louisiana is devoid of coupe or hatchback Honda Accords so what choice do I have? Steal a body from the junkyard? Heh, yeah right. No, really, what other choice do I have? I want to keep a 3G, just not a damned 4 door one.
Ok, so now IF I can manage to find a decently priced coupe or hatchback ( I don't want to pay much because I don't need it running, I have an engine). How much is car shipping? I've never shipped a car before. I mean am I going to end up paying $2000 to ship a freakin' $200 car??
Thanks guys, I'm just at the end of my rope. I want a 3G, but I can't stand to look at 4 doors any more. And if I get a completely different car I probably won't be happy with that.

With one of those services its generally a buck a mile. You could do the u haul tow dolly deal or just the tow dolly and tow it with your accord.

There another junkyard here in E. TN called Evans I deal with them alot. There gonna be getting rid of the 3 gs there getting to old. The all Honda as well.I d say they have 400 cars. They offered me motors for $200 a pop lastime i was there. They have about a dozen.

wp

Strahan
05-19-2006, 06:37 PM
I've heard alot of good things about Dependable Auto Shippers. I did a quote on their page, it said to haul from 90210 to 23218 would be $901. However, it would more realistically be $1076 ($176 more for them to come to the car to pick it up. Most sellers won't agree to haul the car to a terminal for outbound)

http://www.dasautoshippers.com