PDA

View Full Version : Header Help!!

LiTtLe xOx BitT
05-18-2006, 01:59 PM
I ran into a little problem putting on my header. The egr pipe thing that threads into the header wont come off my stock exhaust manifold, i had to cut the pipe to get it off. Also there is a second larger one under it that i dont have a hookup for. I cant find a place that can get me the part, does anyone know a website that i can get it from?? Also is there anyway to plug the larger opening? Any suggestions would help because my car sounds like a damn harley and its very annoying.

A20A1
05-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Did you read the header FAQ?

LXI EFI does not have the AS pipe so you plug that one... all you need is the EGR one.

You can try crimping the pipe and then puting it in the vise... but even then it may not work fully. So the best thing to do is weld it shut. There has been little luck locating a pipe cap that fits the threads on the manifold.

I'm not sure how well the AS pipe cap (BRASS) fit. You'll have to ask Eric aka "Pos Carb"

The bolt is in the stock manifold EGR fitting.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/Wendy_girl/Bigfuckingbolt.jpg

LiTtLe xOx BitT
05-18-2006, 02:36 PM
ill PM him now to ask him exactly what i need, thanks for your help.

A20A1
05-18-2006, 02:38 PM
The other suggesstions was to grab a stock AS valve from a carb motor... then hook the vavle and pipe up the the exhaust and uses it as a vacuum source... it will give you vacuum to run your PCV system... You'll never have to worry about a vacuum leak or oil going from the PCV valve to the intake manifold or Valve cover to the intake manifold.

If the AS valve is hooked to manifold vacuum then it will only operate the PCV and crank vent untill manifold vacuum diminished as you open the throttle, so it's not that constant... unless you had a check valve and a vacuum holding cannister. Then the check valve would trap vacuum to keep the AS valve in constant operation even if there is no manifold vaccum to run the valve.