ghettogeddy
05-20-2006, 05:23 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/7656b89a.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/507b6072.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/5783ab3f.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/8d81a423.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/maryanns024.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/maryanns020.jpg
got the windows tinted a nice 5% and the clear corners on also painted the grill

B16KILLA
05-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Lookin' good:)

MessyHonda
05-20-2006, 05:29 PM
is it legal to have 5% tint on the front windows? well i want to get 5% on the back windows and like 20% on the front windows since mine is not electric so i cant roll them while im driving. and if you dont mind...how much did you pay?

Pico
05-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Man that looks good :D
Aren't you worried about the Police hasseling you

ghettogeddy
05-20-2006, 05:31 PM
and ill get a pic up of the brembos and aem as soon as a can

ghettogeddy
05-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Man that looks good :D
Aren't you worried about the Police hasseling you
yes and no my winsows are alwas down anywas

A20A1
05-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Tint looks nice but I like clear windows. :)

Nospeed
05-20-2006, 08:27 PM
i like the tint...but im not feeling the lip.........hmmmm...

gfrg88
05-20-2006, 09:47 PM
i like it a lot, but you need a drop and real lip :P

88accordhb
05-20-2006, 10:39 PM
never fond of the home depot lip. nice car anyways

halxi
05-21-2006, 08:23 AM
i think you would find you dont need a lip like that if you lowered your car at least 1.5" (intrax springs, H&R springs)

speedpenguin
05-21-2006, 08:53 AM
Tint's looking good :)

w261w261
05-21-2006, 12:08 PM
The tint looks good, but I think he's total cop-bait, especially at night. They really hate not being able to see what's goin on in the car. Here in CT, you wouldn't make it a week with 5%.

Couple of years ago I bought a 5G Accord, which originally came out of Las Vegas w/ 20% tint on the side and rear windows. The car is black, so it looks good. Never had a problem until my 16 year old started driving it. BAM WHAM twice in a month he gets pulled over, this last time with a written warning, which means he's got to have it inspected by the DMV within 14 days or they could suspend the registration. In CT, 35% is the max on the side windows with no restriction on the backlight. So Tuesday in it goes: $125 to strip off the sides and rear, and $165 to re-tint. Also, the tint guy had to look at the rear, because if the film is cheap and won't peel off easily, then it has to be scraped off, in which case you lose the rear defrost wires. He said when it starts to look purple that's a bad sign. In my case, the original tint was higher-quality (it was put on by/through the Honda dealer in LV, so we were fortunate).

Also, the tint guy said that if we hadn't gotten the warning, we could have gotten away with just redoing the front windows, but now that DMV is involved, both front and rear have to be done. Bummer.

We also get little stickers when the windows are redone, stating that they are in compliance.

ghettogeddy
05-22-2006, 05:51 AM
and if you dont mind...how much did you pay?

$170

ghettogeddy
05-22-2006, 05:52 AM
well thanks for all the compliments i will be getting a new lip soon matter of fact i should be paying monkey for his on friday so that ones takin care of

frantik
06-04-2006, 10:18 PM
is it legal to have 5% tint on the front windows? well i want to get 5% on the back windows and like 20% on the front windows since mine is not electric so i cant roll them while im driving. and if you dont mind...how much did you pay?

dude 20% on the fronts is still way dark and way illegal. you can't have any film more than 88% on the fronts with no less than 70% total light transmission. Only one brand makes a film to this spec. another brand makes 70%, which is technically illegal but not really noticable

50% will be noticably tinted but cops will prolly leave you alone.. but much past that and it's obvious you have illegal tint

diegoaccord
06-04-2006, 10:26 PM
damn, I'll bet it IS dark.

w261w261
06-05-2006, 07:50 AM
<dude 20% on the fronts is still way dark and way illegal. you can't have any film more than 88% on the fronts with no less than 70% total light transmission. Only one brand makes a film to this spec. another brand makes 70%, which is technically illegal but not really noticable

50% will be noticably tinted but cops will prolly leave you alone.. but much past that and it's obvious you have illegal tint>

In CA, according to the State's web site, you can't have *any* tint on the front driver's or passenger's windows. Don't know how that stacks up in real life:

See this:

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/answers.html

frantik
06-05-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm not sure when that FAQ was written, but California Vehicle Code section 26708 (http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm) states

(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met:

(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.

(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal standard.

This rule apparently went into effect in 1999

actually it mentions the other requirements that i didnt quote on the page you listed :D

However, legislation signed into law effective January 1, 1999, exempts from the above prohibition specified clear, colorless, and transparent material that is installed, affixed, or applied to the front driver and passenger side windows for the specific purpose of reducing ultraviolet rays. If, as, or when this material becomes torn, bubbled or otherwise worn, it must be removed or replaced.

w261w261
06-06-2006, 05:25 AM
<......any film more than 88% on the fronts with no less than 70% total light transmission>

Frantik, could you explain the 88% v. 70% in the above? My son's car now has 35 on the side windows, so this means 35% "total light transmission" I guess. The DMV guy had this little box that fits over the top of the partially opened window. It has a readout that measures the light. In my case it said "32," which I guess was close enough to 35 to let me skate by. That meter would say "70" if a it was legal in CA? What is the 88%? Thx

frantik
06-06-2006, 05:38 AM
The window glass blocks some light... if the DMV guy put the meter on an untinted window it wouldn't measure 100.

When you buy tint, the number they refer to is the percent of light the film lets through, but that doesn't include the glass itself. The total light transmission is the percent of light the film plus the glass let through. This is what the dmv tests for

So the 88 number is what the film is rated at , and the 70 is the film plus glass and what would show up on the meter. I have 70% film on my fronts and it's really not noticable.. it blocks over 50% of infrared and 99% of UV light though. It's kinda expensive though.. i think next time i'm gonna go with 50% on my fronts and not get the super duper ir blocking brand

gettogeddy i like your ride man.. your tint's a lil dark for my tastes but it looks good.. plus you've got the same vent shades i've got on my LX.. i used to think the oem ones looked better but after having them a while i'm not sure. I like how the aem ones have a wider profile.. but the oem ones do leave the chrome trim exposed which is nice. i guess i'll have to decide when i install my oems on the new LXi :D

ghettogeddy
07-09-2007, 07:16 PM
bump for the noobs in the back