PDA

View Full Version : dashboard wont light up...

newaccorddriver
05-22-2006, 03:12 PM
well, for some reason my dashboard wont light up at all when i turn the switch on the column. i checked all the fuses and such, and none of them appear to be blown. does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

EDIT: i found out about this after i turned my car around. i was trying to figure out where i can wire my gauges into for the night lights

HostileJava
05-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Did you reconnect the switch that dims/brightens the dash lights? Also make sure it didn't get turned all the way down when you put it back in after taking the cluster out. Its in the middle of the row if three switches to the right of the steering wheel.

newaccorddriver
05-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Did you reconnect the switch that dims/brightens the dash lights? Also make sure it didn't get turned all the way down when you put it back in after taking the cluster out. Its in the middle of the row if three switches to the right of the steering wheel.

nope. although the switch was dimmed all the way, this isnt why their not lighting up at all. i even checked the wiring behind the switch to be more sure that wasnt the problem.

newaccorddriver
05-22-2006, 07:17 PM
just fixed the problem. apparently the plug within the drivers side kick panel was disconnected when it bothered me too much. all is good again, with the exception of my drain.