PDA

View Full Version : I bought a new Honda

accordlx
05-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Some of you might remember me. I used to be a moderator here a while ago. I put up my accord in storage a while ago and bought a BMW 540i. I still have my accord but it hardly ever gets driven. Well, I sold my BMW 540i because I needed a vehicle to haul stuff for the house so I went out and bought a Honda Ridgline RTL. It has all options except navigation system and a few add ons like back up camera, DVD player, back up sensors, and a tonneau cover. It's pretty quick for a truck. It has a 3.5 L V-6 VTEC engine with 4WD. It's not an accord but it rides like one. Since other Honda products are allowed, I thought I would share.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/themancave/Honda%20Ridgeline/100_0021.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/themancave/Honda%20Ridgeline/100_0002.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/themancave/Honda%20Ridgeline/100_0016.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/themancave/Honda%20Ridgeline/100_0028.jpg

Whistler225
05-24-2006, 05:49 PM
very nice.....I also like the Celica next door....is that a Sunfire in the garage?

welcome back to the board.

russiankid
05-24-2006, 05:50 PM
when are you going to take it off-road? get pics tho =)

lol but nice truck

3G Jester
05-24-2006, 05:56 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!! back from the dead eh chris? i loved your accord.
wow. long time no see. alas. beautiful ride man! was the tv stock? strange set up for stock back up camera and navi.....i envy you. my wife and i want to get one. also love the house! looks like your doing well for yourself!
also..did you play fb for ohio state?

ps: dont mind the sig. its part of an extended april fools joke ;)

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Dayum Chris....NICE!!!! I do like the Ridgelines!

Man I haven't seen you in forever.... since the meet out there in Sep '02. Always loved your Accord too. Good luck with the new ride! :)

MessyHonda
05-24-2006, 06:45 PM
stock looks way better...today my friend had a turckin' mag and i was fliping the pages and then i saw a Ugly Lowrider Honda Rigeline...it was blue with like 22inch rims and it was so low it looked werid. looks clean..tho

snoopyloopy
05-24-2006, 07:01 PM
ridgelines look kinda big for their wheels imo, but good grab. and like you said, at least it's a honda. although i personally wouldn't try to haul a ton of bricks w/ one, they're a nice idea. nice to see honda is branching out. and i like the cooler in the floor idea. that's pure genius right there.

Selfmindead
05-24-2006, 07:45 PM
This is a Honda?

stat1K
05-24-2006, 09:16 PM
yeah it's a honda ridgeline... it looks good. i would have much rather had honda make a truck more like the new mitsu raider. but i guess making a truck that looks like an escalade was more their thing. but i like em nonetheless. the only thing i don't like is OSU FOOTBALL!!!!! jk. nice ride mang.

Cheeseburger
05-24-2006, 10:55 PM
sweet ride man and welcome back

accordlx
05-25-2006, 03:47 AM
HOLY CRAP!!!! back from the dead eh chris? i loved your accord.
wow. long time no see. alas. beautiful ride man! was the tv stock? strange set up for stock back up camera and navi.....i envy you. my wife and i want to get one. also love the house! looks like your doing well for yourself!
also..did you play fb for ohio state?

ps: dont mind the sig. its part of an extended april fools joke ;)

Thanks for the nice comments. The camera/DVD/monitor are all aftermarket. I don't have the Navigation system. (yet)

I really like the vehicle and it has that Honda reliablity. It's also nice to be in a vehicle that has a manufacturers warranty.

I have done a couple of mods on the truck so far but my Mods are quite different than the ones that I used to do on my Accord (which by the way will be for sale in a very short time.)

My mods are as follows:

Backup Sensors
Backup Camera
Front and Back DVD system
Nerf Bars
Blacked out grille
Trailer Hitch and wiring harness
Tonneau Cover (Home Made/DIY. Honda wants $1100 for theirs, it's too expensive)
Shaved emblems

I think I am going to add a brush guard and tail light protectors. Other than that, I think I am going to leave it as is. I'm not used to having a payment on a vehicle and believe me, the payment is pretty big. I pretty good trade in value on the BMW though. It's so nice to be able to go down to Home Depot and pick up whatever I need without hassling someone else.

Someone mentioned that they wouldn't haul a ton of bricks in it. It does have 1500 lb. payload capacity and has a 5000 lb. towing capacity. Those are very respectable numbers. It only has a 5 foot bed but the tailgate has a 300 lb dynamic weight rating meaning that you can put a 300 lb object directly on the tailgate and pretty much jump the truck off the ground and it will not bend the tailgate down. I have seen a guy put 2 Honda CBR's in the bed go off roading without any problems/damage to the bed. It is also as wide as a full size truck so it will haul full sheets of plywood in the bed without even touching the wheel wells which incidentally don't hardly even protrude into the bed. It is Motor Trend's truck of the year. It's curious that Honda can acheive this in their first year of production. It's also the safest truck ever made getting the governments highest crash and rollover ratings. Just goes to show you that Honda can build anything.

speedpenguin
05-25-2006, 04:30 AM
yeah it's a honda ridgeline... it looks good. i would have much rather had honda make a truck more like the new mitsu raider. but i guess making a truck that looks like an escalade was more their thing. but i like em nonetheless. the only thing i don't like is OSU FOOTBALL!!!!! jk. nice ride mang.
You know the Raider is just a Dodge Dakota with the diamond badge on it, right?
Nice truck! I had my doubts about those things, but all the journalists recommend it, and apparently you do too.

MIK3
05-26-2006, 03:34 AM
Ohio sucks...

No, j/k man, haha. Good deal on purchasing Motor Trend's "Truck of the Year". I have taken a liking to them as well.

Baveara
05-26-2006, 06:43 AM
i love the reciever hitch cover nice truck.

87accordlxi
05-26-2006, 07:28 AM
the only thing i don't like is OSU FOOTBALL!!!!! jk. nice ride mang.

Ban

AccordEpicenter
05-26-2006, 07:57 AM
nice! Those are not cheap from what ive seen. It does drive really nice though