PDA

View Full Version : a20 to f20 swap

MuscleMuncherAccord
05-24-2006, 08:46 PM
how hard is it to swap and what do i need to do the swap besides ecu and tranny... the accord that i am trying to swap the f20 into is an 86 lxi 4 door, fuel injected, manual tranny

halxi
05-24-2006, 09:03 PM
1.) no need for two topics
2.) the search button is your friend
3.) if you think all you need is a trans/ecu... dont even TRY the swap.
4.) good luck and i hope you take step 1-3 into consideration.

gfrg88
05-24-2006, 09:37 PM
how hard is it??? it PRETTY DAMN HARD!!!! basically everything will have to be custom, EVERYTHING. youre better off keeping the a20 and modding that instead. why dont you want to keep the a20 in the first place :dunno:

SEARCH is your friend.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
05-24-2006, 11:56 PM
You started 3 different topics on the same thing. The motor will not directly bolt on, you will need more then just a tranny and ecu, and if you have never done any custom motor swaps or have the knowledge on how to do it then i suggest you toss that idea out the window. The a20 is a great motor to start with, although it doesn't have 9082476805 parts like a civic or teggy. 95% of the work you do on you accord will be custom, if you like challanges then its a great car for you to work on, if you want a lot of direct bolt on parts then you have the wrong car. A lot of the mods will be custom, and what isn't custom ( dc strut bar, adj cam gear, cup holders, arm rest, ect) is a little hard to get your hands on. Like i always say to people new to the board, if your looking for a car that you can buy direct bolt-on performance parts for at autozone or pepboys then you have the wrong car, if you want to unique, have a car that not too many people are doing work too, and like custom work then you have the perfect car. And don't listen to anyone when they say the yellow type-R emblems give you 15hp, its the red ones that do.