PDA

View Full Version : no idle at all!

bigal004321
05-25-2006, 04:26 AM
alright so yesterday i changed fuel filter and hooked up a vacum line that was off onto the intake... and now when its cold it runs rough and when its warm you can just watch the rpm just drop all the way to zero and it stalls out. an example of this is when im stopping at a light push in the clutch and watch them drop from say 2k to 0. idk what happened i think its a problem with that vacum line i hooked up.. i have an aftermarket intake so i dont know what lines are suppose to be hooked up to it... there was only 2 little adapters to plug vacum lines into so i have all the unconnected ones on some v-tees hooked to one of the intake nipple..

im thinking the idle control is having trouble? is that located on the driver side fender? what lines are suppose to be attached to the intake.

also i still have an egr code but i have had that for awhile now

voiceinurhead05
05-25-2006, 08:50 AM
sounds like a misplaced vacum line. This is scrambling your ecu and causing the egr to malfunction.

maxsideburn
06-06-2006, 10:39 PM
ok, sounds a lot like a problem I had before. You're car is an 87 LXi just like mine, so similar there...

Check your ground wires

Check your radiator fluid level, from what I understand 3G accords have a sensor that will give you all kinds of problems if it detects a low fluid level.

Go buy a little pack of vacuum caps and cap off anything on your intake manifold that isn't going to something important like a FPR or something like that.

Either remove your EGR valve and block it off, or block off the area in between the EGR return pipe and the manifold, then remove the vacuum line from the EGR and plug it.

This is how my car is currently set up and it runs quite well. If you really need I can try to post a picture of how my intake manifold is currently set up, it's really simple though. Get it running right, then start pulling off shit and see if the car starts running worse. If it doesn't just cap it off ;)

maxsideburn
06-06-2006, 10:41 PM
here's a pic of my engine bay, can't see much of what I've plugged off though.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2263/picture1184di.th.jpg (http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1184di.jpg)
{Click on Thumbnial}