PDA

View Full Version : Western Washington autocross event this weekend.

2ndGenGuy
05-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Hey everybody, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm going to be attending an autocross event in Bremerton, WA. I've never been to an actual event, and it sounds like fun.
I just thought anybody else in the area might like to show up. Someone else should come represent the old-school Accords, because I'm only going to be competing in my 2gee against some guy in his Festiva for the slowest time.
My buddy who is a "Goon" on the Something Awful forums sent me this link for the meet up time and location so that we can convoy to the event.
If anybody is interested, it sounds like the meet time is going to be 10:40am Monday the 29th at a Target in Tacoma right off Highway 16 on the Union St exit. At least thats where I'm meeting.
More info about where people are meeting can be found on the SA thread (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1884338&perpage=40&pagenumber=1), or on the Bremerton Sports Car Club (http://www.bscc.net/) site where you can also register in advance.
Hope to see somebody there!

bobafett
05-27-2006, 12:55 AM
good to know. i wouldnt mind checking it out if i can get my car up by then. thanks for the heads up.

2ndGenGuy
05-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Cool man. I made one mistake though, the online registration is closed. Even I missed it. But I guess you can just register when you arrive.

3gn86lxi
05-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Cool man. I made one mistake though, the online registration is closed. Even I missed it. But I guess you can just register when you arrive.
Good ffffffing luck getting anyone from the area there!!!!
I may come since it's like 10 miniutes away.........but I doubt anyone else will show.
Thanks for the heads up though.

bobafett
05-27-2006, 10:17 AM
well the only reason i would want to go is cause i need to put some miles on my engine. i couldn't race, cause i have less than 100 miles on my motor/clutch. but it would be a great excuse to put 300 miles on the car to get it there and back, and i could crash at my dads place (lives in shelton :) )

3gn86lxi
05-27-2006, 10:19 AM
well the only reason i would want to go is cause i need to put some miles on my engine. i couldn't race, cause i have less than 100 miles on my motor/clutch. but it would be a great excuse to put 300 miles on the car to get it there and back, and i could crash at my dads place (lives in shelton :) )
Well, go then! lol
Shelton's 45 miniutes from Bremerton, so it's close.

3gn86lxi
05-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey.....look....I'm going to another Wa meet, that nobody else will show up for!!! Yay............
lmao.

2ndGenGuy
05-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Haha yeah well if nobody shows, oh well. I was just planning on going anyways, and thought that if anybody just showed up, it would be pretty cool. Thats the time I'm going to be there, me and some of my friends are all ready to go, so theres not going to be any backing out on my part. I'm sure that you'll be able to find me, as it will be the nicest looking 2nd gen in the parking lot (if not the only one)

My friend is bringing his MR2, and we're supposed to be meeting with a guy in his Festiva, and another buddy of mine is going to come in either his Miata or his Eclipse or Talon or whatever it is now.

:)

Hope to see somebody there.

3gn86lxi
05-27-2006, 10:45 PM
My friend is bringing his MR2, and we're supposed to be meeting with a guy in his Festiva, and another buddy of mine is going to come in either his Miata or his Eclipse or Talon or whatever it is now.

:)

Hope to see somebody there.
I think I'm going to try to get my dad to bring his '04 MR2 spider. He has wanted to autox it for a while. But I think I will be there. What time are you planning on being there>

bobafett
05-28-2006, 09:07 AM
IF i show up (still havent fixed my car yet) i will be in the ugly blue hatch with tint and gauges everywhere rofl. :)

2ndGenGuy
05-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Well, as predicted, nobody else really showed up lol. That Festiva I mentioned, hauled some serious ass. The guy put a 1600 in it, and had sport springs and gutted it.

The official results aren't in yet, and my web host is being moved. When I get more info, I'll post the results. I WAS able to keep up with my buddy in his Mk1 Toyota MR2, and I was faster than one of the track guys in a Celica.

Too bad that my best runs were during the Fun Run, so my best time won't be posted in the results.

3gn86lxi
05-30-2006, 07:19 AM
Well, as predicted, nobody else really showed up lol. That Festiva I mentioned, hauled some serious ass. The guy put a 1600 in it, and had sport springs and gutted it.

The official results aren't in yet, and my web host is being moved. When I get more info, I'll post the results. I WAS able to keep up with my buddy in his Mk1 Toyota MR2, and I was faster than one of the track guys in a Celica.

Too bad that my best runs were during the Fun Run, so my best time won't be posted in the results.
I was there.......just didn't make it in time to register. but I watched your couple of runs 2ndgenguy.
That white porsche 914 was insane!!!! Seriously built 3.0 litre in it.
Anyway.....next time I will actually run.

2ndGenGuy
05-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Oh man! Too bad I didn't see you there! Would have been cool to meet somebody from the forums. You probably saw my messed up runs. Those were the first I ever did. Once the fun runs started, my times improved dramatically.

Did you drive your Accord? I was lookin everywhere, and the only other Accord I saw was a guy in a 91 or 92 Wagon. I thought I saw a newer MR2 parked across from my car when it was parked, was that you?

Yeah that Porsche was insane. Did you see his first run? The guy got around 2 cones, and spun clear off the track. That disqualified him for the rest of the day. Short day. Someone else took over driving the rest of the day I guess.

The next event is in 2 weeks. Think you'll be able to make it to that? I'm going to go, we should meet up somewhere on the way.

3gn86lxi
05-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah, he was one of the very first runs in the afternoon session I think. So none of his following runs counted?? He had fast lap at one point too.
I was standing on the track most of the time, had my car but I was parked a ways away.
My dad didn't run either, but he was there too. Is the next one on a Sunday??

2ndGenGuy
05-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Well, technically the driver got disqualified. The rules are 4 tires off the pavement, you're out for the day. I know his car still ran, so I'm not sure if he had another driver, or if they just let him slide on it. If another driver took over, then the score counted for the other driver, and not him. I think...

I'll post later when I find out more information on the next event. I'll probably post it in another thread in the next few days.

LXi87Accord
05-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Sucks, I work weekends.:violin:

2ndGenGuy
06-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Well here are the results. Guess they posted this a few days ago.

http://www.bscc.net/content/view/67/10/

If you go to the novice class, number 43 is me.

My last run was a DNS because I got red flagged, someone spun in front of me, and I didn't take my rerun for some stupid reason.

But just to note, on the Fun Run we did. I managed to get a 59.xxx on my first lap, and a low 58.xxx on my second run. Which, if I had done more autoX I could have easily done on my official runs, and would have put me CONSIDERABLY higher than some, even up in the mid 20's as far as the ranking goes. My 84 Accord really does surprisingly well out on the track. I can't wait to take it to the event this upcoming weekend, and see how much higher I can rank.

The info for the next event can be found here:

http://www.bscc.net/component/option,com_extcalendar/Itemid,17/extmode,view/extid,17/

It is LOADS of fun, and I highly recommend that more people show up! Preregister too for a discount!

3gn86lxi
06-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Are you going 2ndgenguy????

3gn86lxi
06-08-2006, 08:01 PM
I just pre registered........
car #56 novice. :)

2ndGenGuy
06-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Yep, I'm all registered. Somehow I wound up with #148, when I originally had #184. Guess someone fat-fingered that...

See you there!

3gn86lxi
06-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Yep, I'm all registered. Somehow I wound up with #148, when I originally had #184. Guess someone fat-fingered that...

See you there!
It never asked me what session I was registering for...does it matter?

3gn86lxi
06-10-2006, 06:24 PM
anyone else going tomorrow?????