PDA

View Full Version : Gas Leak!!!!!

FORFREE
05-29-2006, 06:40 AM
HELP leaking gasoline from a/f screw how to stop it?
On a 1989 Honda Accord (Carb)

Accordaone
05-29-2006, 08:58 AM
There is a little o-ring on the valve assembly. You can buy one at Loews. The bad news is it will only come out on the float side, requiring the removal of the float. Good luck!

'89AccordLX(Rus)
05-29-2006, 09:14 AM
A/F screw? The idle mixture screw on the back? Or do you mean the float adjustment screw? As mentioned by Accordaone, the float adjustment screw can only be serviced by removing the top hat and the float itself. The idle mixture screw is really simple. Just unscrew and replace the o-ring. Make sure you get the o-ring out though as they tend to get stuck to the needle seat. Hope this helps.

FORFREE
05-29-2006, 10:40 AM
yea i do mean the float adjustment screw srry so what do id o to fix a leak in the float adjusment screw?

88Accord-DX
05-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Well, if the gas is coming from the screw part, might be able to use some telflon tape on it. But will agree that little O-ring could be the problem. Most people don't realize it is in there when they rebuild the carburetor, cause you have to pick it out..

I will say the air/mixture screw is set by the factory, so your better off counting the number of turns when you back it off out of there.

FORFREE
05-30-2006, 04:25 AM
it is coming out of the srew hole no matter how much i screw it in ot how much i back it out so i should take the screw out and wrap it on tefelon tape?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
05-30-2006, 04:34 PM
The float adjustment screw cannot be removed through the top. You will need to remove the top hat of the carb (Phillips head screws). It is possible to do this with the carb still in the car. Once the top hat is off, you need to punch out the float pin, remove the float, unscrew the valve seat and change the o-ring. Then reassemble in reverse order and adjust float level as necessary.

FORFREE
05-30-2006, 05:19 PM
thanks guys this will help i thought i was screwed and i didnt know what to do i will be doiing a FI coversion this summer that auta be fun