PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had power start to pick back up after about 2,200 miles on break-in?

88Accord-DX
05-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Question for you guys that have rebuilt you engines.

Did your engine seem like it had a little more power after the 2,000 mile break in? I thought I might had my piston end gap too far apart, but just starting to notice that my engine is coming back to life. Anyone had the same thing happen?

Started to get a little disappointed for a while there. I finally have a little piece of mind now after wondering if it was worth it. :)

Edit- I don't think my stock carburetor is made for bored over block either, but seems like my rings have set in finally. As A20A1 might say, time to open up them venturies! lol

Kabuki
05-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Yes, that is normal. How far did you over bore it?

88Accord-DX
06-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Yes, that is normal. How far did you over bore it?

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Bored out .040 thousandths of an inch. Still need to get OEM oil pan gasket though. :Owned:

Kabuki
06-07-2006, 11:33 AM
How much is that in Metric? Just kidding... But seriously... SAE is the stupidest fucking measurment system. And thinking/posting in metric also limits confusion as far as allowing EVRYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD to understand what we are talking about. And all of the Honda specs are in metric too. I wouldn't expect the carb jets to need anything more than a good cleaning. 1.0mm overbore isn't that much, really. But the better question is, are these something like CR-V pistons? High Comp?