PDA

View Full Version : ahh, why wont it stay running?!

87AccordLXsdn
05-31-2006, 06:15 PM
well, I was driving down the road the other day and all of the sudden my car started to act funny. I slowed down a little bit and coasted into town. when i came to the stop sign, the car died. It started right back up but everytime I came to a stop it died again. Now its just running real bad and will no idle at all. I'm leaning towards the primary fuel filter but I really wanted some other opinions. Hopefully you guys can help me out on this one! What the hell could it be?

EricW
05-31-2006, 06:44 PM
I would start with the fuel filter since its cheap and easy, and wont hurt to replace anyway.

87AccordLXsdn
05-31-2006, 06:46 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I replaced the secondary? filter thats inline

Whistler225
06-01-2006, 03:02 AM
I agree with Eric. The fuel filter is an easy and inexpensive repair, so you ought to try that first. Especially since the problem just started.....if that doesn't fix it, you might check your choke and make sure it isn't sticking shut.....

avi b
06-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Had the same problem with '86 DX 5 speed. Had to get new carb and changed filters too. Dirt is the enemy of the carbed engine.

87AccordLXsdn
06-01-2006, 03:19 PM
well i'll change the other filter when i get home but if it makes a difference its a weber carb

maxsideburn
06-06-2006, 10:28 PM
check your grounds too, can cause some strange stuff, but if it feels like its cutting out, especially when you're giving it MORE gas then it's probably the fuel filter or something in the fuel system (i.e. pressure regulator, pump, etc...)

If nothing else works you may want to get a pressure gauge and see if you have consistent fuel pressure.