PDA

View Full Version : how to release plug on front of

dirtracer
06-01-2006, 07:33 AM
how the hell do you get the plug off the front of standard trany? It's below the cluch arm.. cover came off now I see it's got a chrome crimp thing that refuses to come off. All advice welcome ....it's in the air but can't get it out with out this off???????:slap: 89 accord

speedpenguin
06-02-2006, 05:41 AM
You need to be a little more specific.
Are you trying to drain the tranny or what?

EricW
06-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Are you talking about the reverse light switch?

dirtracer
06-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Are you talking about the reverse light switch?
I'm not sure all I can say is that it's under the cluch arm it could be the cluch swich cause you have to push the pedal down before the start.& no I'm not trying to drain the tranny I want the engine on the floor.,,,,,

EricW
06-03-2006, 10:10 AM
I'll have to go look later when i get off work. but heres the link to the downloadable shop manual (http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html), it should help if you don't have it already.

dirtracer
06-04-2006, 07:30 AM
I'll have to go look later when i get off work. but heres the link to the downloadable shop manual (http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html), it should help if you don't have it already.
It's not in the manual thanks.

maxsideburn
06-06-2006, 10:26 PM
wait, you actually have to push your clutch pedal in to start the car?? I've had three Hondas and two of them (my Accord included) doesn't require you to push the pedal in to start. I figured it was just an older Honda thing, heh, go figure.

dirtracer
06-07-2006, 04:40 AM
wait, you actually have to push your clutch pedal in to start the car?? I've had three Hondas and two of them (my Accord included) doesn't require you to push the pedal in to start. I figured it was just an older Honda thing, heh, go figure.
I have 2 Accord coupe 7 Prelude 89's.They both have to push in the cluch before start-up. I got one disabled but not the other.Maybe it a Canadian thing.I got the Coupe unhooked at a buds garage,just imagine;stall on the freeway and not be able to jump start that's what happened to me get over 3 lanes of rush hour traffic to try and get it going

mkymonkey
06-07-2006, 05:10 AM
uh...mostly all MT's you have to push the clutch in. unless you get it dissabled. i know that high end cars like Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, etc etc you dont...but thats because they're uh... "high end" lol

HostileJava
06-07-2006, 06:16 AM
My 88 DX required the clutch to be pushed in to start, but I'm pretty sure that switch is in the pedal assembly. The wiring he is reffering to is the reverse light switch. I'm pretty sure mine twisted out, but I can't remember for sure.

maxsideburn
06-07-2006, 07:16 AM
oh well, I don't see how that's "high-end" missing the safety switch, but oh well, I like my car that way, lol.

speedpenguin
06-07-2006, 09:57 AM
My 88 DX required the clutch to be pushed in to start, but I'm pretty sure that switch is in the pedal assembly. The wiring he is reffering to is the reverse light switch. I'm pretty sure mine twisted out, but I can't remember for sure.
That's real weird, because I don't think I have to do that in my 88 DX. I'll test it today, though.

HostileJava
06-07-2006, 10:03 AM
That's real weird, because I don't think I have to do that in my 88 DX. I'll test it today, though.

It saved me more then a few times, I just usually put the car in 1st gear and never put the ebrake on. There were quite a few times when I would have just started it and lurched into the car parked in front of me :)

speedpenguin
06-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Hehe, I remember learning to drive and almost doing that a few times. No one ever told me the clutch should be in when you start the car, wow, that was surprising