PDA

View Full Version : Draw-through Weber DGV setup

slow2point0
06-01-2006, 10:41 PM
http://www.smbaker.com/rail/monsterturbovw.html

doing a setup like that should be easy for an accord... you could retain the stock manifold too and just run a y-pipe...
if you ran a weber progressive, and removed the black box and all the other useless crap on the passenger side of the engine bay, there should be ample room to run a setup like that... I would use round piping though... my only concern would be hood clearance

AccordEpicenter
06-02-2006, 06:56 AM
i bet youd have better luck with a weber blowthrough if you knew what you were doing, but they seem to be harder to tune

slow2point0
06-02-2006, 01:02 PM
i bet youd have better luck with a weber blowthrough if you knew what you were doing, but they seem to be harder to tune

yeah its a lot harder to tune blowthrough, but you can run an intercooler on blowthrough, but for the sake of simplicity... it looks like draw through is the ticket

AccordEpicenter
06-02-2006, 01:11 PM
yeah it is much easier, it just depends on your performance goals and how serious you wanna get i guess

Vector
06-02-2006, 01:34 PM
my setup is going to be similar, sept i dont be using exhaust to drive the turbo
i will be using 12:1 off the engine for that.

slow2point0
06-03-2006, 07:20 PM
I went digging through the pile o parts, and found a small 4bbl from a chevy v6, since I have to make a new mount for the carb, I might as well go a little bit bigger, and it should be pretty easy to tune