PDA

View Full Version : SE-i Brake Prop Valve Split

Legend_master
06-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Could someone tell me the split on the SE-i brake prop valve. I purchased a prop valve from an 88 prelude and I am wondering how close they are. I believe the prelude is a 35/40, but I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Legend_master
06-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Crap, I used to know.

For some reason I stuck with the LXi prop valve after my disc brake swap too. I wanted more bias due to the way I drive and during winter manuvering.

Call me crazy, I know...

It just seems like my rear calipers barley work. The factory LX-i is 30/30 So a 35/40 should work well in this application.

Oldblueaccord
06-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Thats kinda interesting. How do you no what the split is and would you know what the split for an Integra type r is?

wp

Moodybluesr
06-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Is the split stamped into the valve itself? I used the SEi valve when I did the conversion on the Hondamino but my rears still lock up occasionally in the rain due to the reduced rear end weight, heh.

Moodybluesr
06-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Okay, I just checked the valve and the only multiple digit numbers visible with it mounted on the car were a "28" and a "24" near the top and bottom inlet/outlets respectively and a "4040" stamped into the front of the valve as it sits in the vehicle.

Legend_master
06-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Okay, I just checked the valve and the only multiple digit numbers visible with it mounted on the car were a "28" and a "24" near the top and bottom inlet/outlets respectively and a "4040" stamped into the front of the valve as it sits in the vehicle.

It is the 40/40, stamped on the front of it. Thanks that is what I needed to know. As for the Type R prop valve I think they are 40/40, but they require a different size fitting then the 3rd gen accords.

Oldblueaccord
06-10-2006, 03:48 PM
I think mine says 36/40 but the 6 might be 0 . I have and 88 lxi built 87 with the 10.3 discs.

I changed over to the type r stuff and was looking for that number is all. But they have rear discs so I dont think it matter for me really. I was thinking in the future of that rear disc kit that fastbrakes sell for integras. He says he sells alotta them. IM assuming its drum to disc swaps from the regular integras. Im getting sick of adjusting my rear drums all the time, Guess im getting old.

wp

Legend_master
06-10-2006, 05:23 PM
I think mine says 36/40 but the 6 might be 0 . I have and 88 lxi built 87 with the 10.3 discs.
I changed over to the type r stuff and was looking for that number is all. But they have rear discs so I dont think it matter for me really. I was thinking in the future of that rear disc kit that fastbrakes sell for integras. He says he sells alotta them. IM assuming its drum to disc swaps from the regular integras. Im getting sick of adjusting my rear drums all the time, Guess im getting old.
wp

its prob 30/40, one question I had is did you have to switch it to an 87 hub to make the fastbrakes kit work? I asked him and he wasent sure waht hun I needed to run to make the kit work.

Oldblueaccord
06-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Sorry I meant fronts brakes. I run the typr r calipers/ rotors. You just need a 4 mm spacer behind the caliper bracket, longer caliper bolts and the rotors drilled to 4 X 100 mm or buy them from fastbrake already made. I need to tell Brian it works so he can put it on his site.

The brake balance is good but I think it could be better. My radius rods bolts came loose again :thumbdn: and my upper control arms where a little loose as well so I had some funny brake problems but it was operator error more or less.

The rear kit he sells i dunno what entails but im dreaming it would work on our a drum rear without alotta work. I just gotta get some parts and work it out someday. Im not big on rear disc there heavy and usually unnecessary IMHO but the thought of not adjusting my rear brakes 4-5 times a year may sell me on it.

wp