PDA

View Full Version : searched with no luck

crazykamper
06-02-2006, 04:37 PM
i tryed searching, but nuthing came up, scince i am in the process of moving, my car is 15hours away, and i have no way of testing if this will work, my friend is taking apart his crx, and he asked if i wanted his shift boot,

my question is, will the crx shift boot work on my car.... im just basically looking for a replacement (i wanna get a shift know that is not connected to the boot...) thanks. let me know....

forrest89sei
06-02-2006, 08:07 PM
i tryed searching, but nuthing came up, scince i am in the process of moving, my car is 15hours away, and i have no way of testing if this will work, my friend is taking apart his crx, and he asked if i wanted his shift boot,
my question is, will the crx shift boot work on my car.... im just basically looking for a replacement (i wanna get a shift know that is not connected to the boot...) thanks. let me know....

It look like it won't But Heres a Diagram off Majestic Honda:

1991 CRX: (Honda Part Number: 83414-SH3-951ZA )
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13sh20_b3503.gif

1989 Accord: (Honda Part Number: 83414-SE3-010ZA ) $20.10
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13se00_h02.gif

crazykamper
06-02-2006, 11:34 PM
hmm, diff part numbers... maybe that could be because the crx's is not attached to shift know?? while accords is.... can anybody try and see if this works?? anybody with friend on a rex?? thanks for the help!! i apreciate it!!

crazykamper
06-03-2006, 03:54 PM
bump, anybody have a friend with a rex that can try this out for me? PLEASE

AccordRacing21
06-03-2006, 03:58 PM
If it's free why not just take it? If it works it's a bonus. Shift boots don't take up a lot of room.

crazykamper
06-03-2006, 04:44 PM
alrighty then, i guess ill just pick it up when i get a chance, just dont wanna really really take it, cause he is stripin the whole car, and startin from scratch, it might be like and extra 20$ or whatever for a new one, if anything, ill just give it back to him... thanks though!!

Whistler225
06-04-2006, 04:57 AM
yah....I would give it a shot. The only thing you might have a little trouble with is getting the thing to stay up since it won't be attached to the shift knob, but that can be solved with a little inspiration. The good news is that if you let the boot float on the stick, as long as you polish the shifter or at least clean it up, it won't look that bad if the boot doesn't quite cover the whole thing. I might also suggest that if you're going to get an after-market knob, get one with a little extra mounting depth if the boot does fall a little short. That way you might be able to make up the difference.

crazykamper
06-04-2006, 11:12 PM
good to know!! thanks, if it drops down, what a freind did is put black tape on the stick, so its thicker.... thanks for the help!!