PDA

View Full Version : Guess I'm a 3rdGenGuy now too!

2ndGenGuy
06-02-2006, 05:26 PM
I just picked up this poor thing in Federal Way, WA last night. The engine has a blown head gasket, and the exterior and interior have been trashed.

Since I believe she's long gone, I'm going to turn her into a heart donor. Her heart is going to be the subject of an A20 swap into my 2gee. I'm going to pull the engine and transmission this weekend, and then the rest of the car is going to go to the junk yard. Her life may be coming to an end, but her heart will live on strong after it's rebuilt and installed.

If anybody wants any parts off of it, let me know. Anybody local can come by and have whatever parts they want. If something needs to be shipped, I'll figure out a price that works. Probably just shipping and a little donation to my time pulling the part.

It's an 87 LX. I can take more pictures if anybody wants to see certain parts.

http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/3gee/IMG_1733-2.jpg
Even Hondas benefit from having a Ford around.

http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/3gee/IMG_1737-2.jpg
Here she is, I'm sure she's had better days.

MessyHonda
06-02-2006, 05:53 PM
congrats....you plan on keeping it carbed? cuz if i was you i would go Fuel injection...i knoe the 2nd gens SE-i are rare...and slow...my friend raced me and i like 4 car lenghts in front of him.

2ndGenGuy
06-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I'm keeping it carbed. I bought a Weber carb conversion for the ES2, and I'll buy the adapter for the A20 after it's built. Gonna figure out how to tune it and get it all running on the ES2 for now. Maybe if I get brave with ECUs and extra fuel lines, then one day I'll go FI on this car.

speedpenguin
06-03-2006, 09:19 AM
So that's your donor car eh?
Are you swapping anything else from it?

carotman
06-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Hey congrats. You should have everything you need with that donor car.

2ndGenGuy
06-03-2006, 07:14 PM
The only other things that I know I can swap off of it besides the engine and transmission, are the brake calipers. I don't know what else there really is. The body of the car is trashed and so is most of the interior. There aren't even any keys for it, and all I have as far as papers is an Abandoned Vehicle Report. Not even sure if that's legitimate or not.

I tried to start it, and I did so by using the ignition swich that was hanging down below the dash and a screwdriver. I think it might actually start and run, but I ran out of battery. Gonna try it again tonight and see. If it at least fires up, I can run it down the block and see how the transmission shifts in it. I can't even read the odometer. None of the digits line up, so its somehwere between 180,000 and 290,000 miles. Who knows. It doesn't matter tho cos the engine is gettin redone.

Whistler225
06-04-2006, 04:49 AM
I would definitely be interested in that rear spoiler if it's intact, it looks OEM. How much shipped to 03301?

2ndGenGuy
06-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah the spoiler is actually in good condition, it will probably need paintwork though. I'm not 100% sure on shipping as of right now, but I will find out and let you know tomorrow.

Whistler225
06-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Yeah the spoiler is actually in good condition, it will probably need paintwork though. I'm not 100% sure on shipping as of right now, but I will find out and let you know tomorrow.

groovy, thanks. :)

EricW
06-04-2006, 10:08 AM
What condition is the part of the dash in that covers the Gauge cluster in? If its decent i may want to buy that from you.

2ndGenGuy
06-04-2006, 04:30 PM
What condition is the part of the dash in that covers the Gauge cluster in? If its decent i may want to buy that from you.

That is in good shape as well. I'll also post a pic for you in a bit. How much do you wanna pay for it? I can't imagine more than $6.00 shipping or so. I don't have a manual for this car, do you know how to get it off?

2ndGenGuy
06-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Oh yeah! I started the car today and drove it down the street! It seems to run ok. A bunch of vacuum lines were missing, so it was idling between 300-4000 rpms. It shifts really nice, and even in its screwed up condition, it is more powerful than my 84. I think after this engine is rebuilt and transplanted its really going to haul some ass. After I pulled it into my garage, a huge billow of smoke came up out of the hood, looks like the head gasket is indeed blown, and its blowing oil out onto the exhaust manifold. There was no smoke coming out the tailpipe though, which is cool.

AccordRacing21
06-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Good eye on the spoiler. If the deal with him on the spoiler falls through let me know.

2ndGenGuy
06-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Okay here are the pics of the parts requested.

I assume this cover is what you're looking for EricW
http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/3gee/dash-cover.jpg

The mix of tailights from different years. The ones on the trunk lid are in good shape, but aren't from an 87. The ones on the body are not in good shape, rather broken.
http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/3gee/left-tail.jpg
http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/3gee/right-tail.jpg

And here it is! The spoiler! Could be buffed out to look okay, but to look good will need paint. There is a little peely on the left side.
http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/3gee/spoiler.jpg

aerokid1987
06-05-2006, 07:09 AM
I don't think that the spoiler is oem... But looks nice anyway

mkymonkey
06-05-2006, 08:24 AM
its a 4g spoiler thats why it doesnt look oem. anyway nice car dood....i havent read the rest of the thread but im pretty sure you have mentioned what youre going to do to it right lol

Whistler225
06-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Good eye on the spoiler. If the deal with him on the spoiler falls through let me know.
Sorry bro.....that baby's mine lol....just messin with ye ;)

Did you find out how much for the shipping yet?

2ndGenGuy
06-05-2006, 07:59 PM
No, I haven't found out about shipping. And it's NOT an OEM spoiler. I took it off tonight. Its got some aftermarket name on it, but it's got the LED lights.

The problem is going to be packaging it up. I'm just going to take it down to the FedEx store or UPS store and have them package it up, so that will be added into the cost. But since I'm not really going to charge much for it, it will still be worthwhile.

2ndGenGuy
06-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Okay everybody here's the deal...

$20 shipped for this for EricW
http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/3gee/dash-hood.jpg

$50 shipped for this thing for Whistler225. It was a pain in the ass to box up, the guy at FedEx took forever, but I was grateful for his help in packaging this up. It was $11.00 for packaging, plus some extra for removal and shipping of course. I think that sounds about fair, eh?
EDIT: Some of the LEDs won't light up.
http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/3gee/spoiler-boxed.jpg

PM me your addresses and I'll ship them out ASAP. I'll set up a PayPal account shortly, and I'll just trust that you'll pay me later.

Thanks!

2ndGenGuy
06-05-2006, 10:04 PM
My PayPal account is [email protected] or you can just mail me a check. Just let me know if those prices sound fair, I'm willing to ship in advance just to get this stuff outta here.

gfrg88
06-05-2006, 11:00 PM
No, I haven't found out about shipping. And it's NOT an OEM spoiler. I took it off tonight. Its got some aftermarket name on it, but it's got the LED lights.

The problem is going to be packaging it up. I'm just going to take it down to the FedEx store or UPS store and have them package it up, so that will be added into the cost. But since I'm not really going to charge much for it, it will still be worthwhile.

dude all ive got to say about shipping it through UPS is you better do some very good packaging, trust me ;) ive been a loader there for about three weeks now.

oh btw the car looks ok, once that engine is in you 2g its going to haul arse :rockon:

2ndGenGuy
06-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Okay, I decided that I'll let the spoiler go for $30 shipped. $50 is a bit much for it's condition.

Civic Accord Honda
09-21-2006, 02:36 AM
the pics dont work

2ndGenGuy
09-21-2006, 07:32 AM
Yep my webserver hard drive died. Working on getting the pics back up... Anyways, it doesn't matter that much cos the car is long gone.

hondaacclx84
09-22-2006, 02:42 PM
i can't see the images...is there another way to see it/???

2ndGenGuy
09-23-2006, 12:38 AM
Not at the moment, the webserver hard drive is toast. Besides that, the pictures are just of some poor old beat up grey '87 Accord 4 door. Nothing special.

A18A
09-23-2006, 12:53 AM
i can't see the images...is there another way to see it/???
:welcome: :D

2ndGenGuy
09-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Oh yeah, welcome to the site! :) I didn't notice you were a new user. You should post some pics on a new thread!

BITESIZE
09-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Both side turn signals shipped to 83713

2ndGenGuy
09-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Both side turn signals shipped to 83713

Sorry man, car's been gone for a long time. Shipped it off to the junk yard a long time ago. :(

Ichiban
07-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Thread jacked!!:welcome:

I just got my 3gee, (finally!) an 89 lxi sedan with 250ish km on it, a blown auto tranny and power everything for 100 bucks!

I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna part it or drive it, I need all the efi and engine for my 2g swap, and I was considering throwing my spare ET2 into it with a 5 speed for a winter beater.

The body is pretty much shot, and I figure if I rob all the sensors and wiring harness out of it, the ET2 will be a pretty easy swap, all it needs will be a carbed fuel pump, and some basic wiring from the auto wreckers.

If I do just part it I'll be sure to let everyone know!!

Hazwan
07-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Pics!

2ndGenGuy
07-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Dude! Toss in the ET2! Fuckin' dual-carb'd Accord would kick ass! Not sure what you'd do with the axles though. Make a bastard axle setup! Wait, what engine is in the Accord now, even tho it doesn't run? A20?

Ichiban
07-04-2007, 02:17 PM
No, it runs, but I want the A20A3 for the 82. I know I already have the BT1, but I also have the ET2 that is sitting doing nothing. I need a tranny for the 3gee, then I'll just bolt in the ET2 and forget about re-wiring the EFI, because I need the sensors, harness and other crap for the 82.

xvok
07-05-2007, 02:24 PM
lol 2nd gen guy you relly need to hook up with me i am the manager of a mail store in town and i can rely hook you up with some deals on shipping. lacey mail center