PDA

View Full Version : AZUSA CANYON (so cal) MEET (interest check)

Acid X
06-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Alright, well, the azusa canyon is sick, basically. Last time we had a meet up there it was pretty fun and a lot of people enjoyed it... Now, the problem last time is that we actually didnt even barbeque up there because we had a pos barbeque and the wind was against us.

ANYWAY, i'm just checking to see if anyone feelis like going up GMR again to have a more successful meet. I'd like for ALL of the so cal people to show up, i'm tired of seeing the same 3 cars. Ridiculous, lol.

SO! If we get this going, i EXPECT to get a date set where everone who says they are going to go, actually GOES. I'm going to be taking a month off of work (well, i'll be jobless really and then taking a short vacation) and i'll have time.

Now, these are the people who i've seen alot recently:
B16KILLA
MkyMonkey

Yes, that's two people.. Gio made it up to the last azusa canyon meet but he's done stuff to his car since then and i haven't had a chance to check it out.

These are the people who i'd LIKE to see show up (as well as those two):
3gmodifier (Alex)
Gfrg88 (Giovanni)
WickedAccord (Jon) -- Careful though, lol.. Power + turns = hazardous
Cheeseburger (Abraham)
1320boy (Steven)
Adams86lxi (Adam) -- If you have your car finished.. Hopefully. Tired of seeing that thing parked!

And isn't there a few new so cal people to the board? I'd like to see them too!

Anyway, like i said, this is just an interest check. Let me know what all of you think...

gfrg88
06-04-2006, 12:48 AM
well you now me, as always, I"M IN!!!!! just as long as its on a weekend.....

mkymonkey
06-04-2006, 12:53 AM
u know my answer

Entaius
06-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Man.. too bad I'm not still out there... I miss all the taco shops.. damn I want some carne asada fries. Anyone interested in sending me some airmail? ^^

Acid X
06-04-2006, 01:13 AM
Alright, well thats 2 of the usuals, lol. :)

We'll decide on a date after a few more so cal'ers reply.

mkymonkey
06-04-2006, 01:18 AM
aight

B16KILLA
06-04-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm already there. We need more socal people to show up . I know there atleast 3-4 more members that could go .

gfrg88
06-04-2006, 12:37 PM
lets start pm'ing people that we can find from socal and try and get them to go :deal:

B16KILLA
06-06-2006, 12:59 PM
So what day are we going to do this?

Acid X
06-06-2006, 07:50 PM
How's Saturday the 17th? Or Sunday the 18th?

COME ON SO CAL PEOPLE. Arrr... I know theres more of you out there.

1320boy
06-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Bluebarry will make her first apperance in a long time however tags still arnt updated.
but she will be there.

promise

Acid X
06-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Sweet. There's one non-regular! Now, wheres 3gmodifier and WickedAccord? pffft.

mkymonkey
06-08-2006, 01:51 PM
lol....yay!

so who's bringing the grill? and what are we doing this time? and another thing we should do it where i took the pic on my sig. moer space, less windy and shade. plus there's some cool trees there that look like that one from "the ring" hehe.

B16KILLA
06-08-2006, 04:56 PM
I'll bring the grill, I got a lil propane grill so wind wont be a factor.:)

Acid X
06-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Where were they taken at? Huh?!! lol.

mkymonkey
06-08-2006, 07:43 PM
BITCH DONT START! lol

its actually about where we were last time just up the lil hill a bit more and around one or two corners.

3gmodifier
06-08-2006, 10:36 PM
hey everyone, sorry i have been kind of mia, well sort of. i have been on everyday now for like two weeks but i have been having some trouble with the ride so i have been in differant threads desperatly looking for help. i have been so worried about tring to fix the ride that i really didnt even pay attension to the meets and location threads. thanks for the pm acidx. i would love to go. i just hope i fix every thing in time. in case you are wondering what is messed up, i will tell you. i must warn you it's a long one........
it all started about two weeks ago when my car overheated. it's been hot so i figured it was just so hot and maby my coolant was low or something. i just happened to overheat on the 60 freeway ware all the construction is and there is no shoulder to pull over in and there is bumper to bumper traffic. unfortunatly i had to drive the car with the temp gauge pinned to H for almost 5 minutes. i finally get off the freeway and check my radiator. it is completly empty. so i get some water from a gas station and get her home. couldn't figure out exactly what happened to i drained the water and refilled with coolant. all things good right, wrong. two days later it happened again in heavy trafic. this time i had water with me but it still sucked ass. at this piont i think i might have leak or some thing so i buy some radiator flush and some stop leak. i do a complete flush and filler back up. this time it lasted a whole three days later, yup it happens again. so this time i am pretty sure i know what is wrong. i have i blown head gasket. the next day i take everything apart. check the gasket and besides being the original and looking like shit, it was fine. now i am stumped. well i couldnt just put the head back on with out decking it, so i take it to my local machine shop and they mill it for me. they also do a complete vavle job and minor port and polish. when they were done it looked like a brand fuckin new head. only$60 too. i go home put eveything back on. put a new water pump, new thermostat, and all hoses. now i am like, fuck yeah. all new parts, modified head, it should run great. but it doesnt. the mother fucker still overheated just idling. now i am really confused. well to skip about 10 hours of scratching my head, i realized that the whole problem was a faulty temperature fan switch. my fan never came on. that along with an old thermostat was really the bulk of my entire problem. ok so i fix that and finally the car stays cool, but now all of a sudden i have another problem, there is a grind/vibration that only ocurs at a certain rpm. now i start to freak out cuz it is the same type of sound that i used to hear before i replaced my tranny. a day or so go buy and i figure that one out. it was my header touching the front lower crossmember. i made a notch and took care of that one. but wait, theres more!! now i go for test drive to make sure the noise is gone for sure and now my timing is all out of wack. it starts missing when i get on the throttle, and then claers up when i floor it and get past about 4000rpm. this time i am pretty sure i know what is wrong. since i have msd everything, the distributor cap and rotor dont last that long. and when they start to go that is what happens. so i get a new cap and rotor from honda, new plugs, wires, and fuel filter. and for the hell of it, i redid all of the msd bos wires. still miss fires. i get a timing light and check it for sure. it is perfect. and when ever i try to drive it, after the first take off the idle is is rough and jumpy. and that my friends is ware i have left off. tomorrow i am taking it to my friends shop to use his timing gun. his is real nice. i hope i can figure this last one out cuz with the head work and every thing else i replaced, for the small amount of time that i got a good drive, it was fuckin awesome. i have never felt this much power out of my car before, and i want that to be consistant. it seems like everytime i fix one thing, two more break. well enough about all of that. sorry for the super long post. needless to say i am busting my ass to get her running right cuz i dont want to miss this next meet.

mkymonkey
06-08-2006, 11:04 PM
holy shit you got your head machined for only $60???@?!?!?! you have to take me there. for that price im willing to do the work of taking it off! i guess after the meet you and i are going to have to get together to do this! :D:D:D

Acid X
06-09-2006, 12:02 AM
Yeah dude i think i'd be up for that too!! Damn, thats some sick shit...

Anyway, i'm making a new thread with the for sure date. I'm going to make it for SUNDAY the 18th.

Sundays are usually really good days for people, if you have any problems let me know and we might change the day...

Anywho. New thread time.