PDA

View Full Version : overheating problem

snoopyloopy
06-04-2006, 08:19 AM
my car has been running hot lately and almost overheating. only reason it doesn't is because i get moving again. but basically, i think the engine isn't turning the fan on soon enough or at all. or one of them isn't coming on. any tips or ideas as to what i could do to try and fix it?

w261w261
06-04-2006, 09:34 AM
I know there's been lots of posts about the cooling fans. Type in a search for "cooling fans" or "overheat" and read those posts. You can short across some contacts and see if its the switch or the fan itself.

Accordaone
06-04-2006, 12:08 PM
my car has been running hot lately and almost overheating. only reason it doesn't is because i get moving again. but basically, i think the engine isn't turning the fan on soon enough or at all. or one of them isn't coming on. any tips or ideas as to what i could do to try and fix it?
Don't forget to bleed the air from the cooling system-very critical on these engines. Also, the impellor on the water pump may be eaten away quite a bit. Probably your fan, though.(mine has never come on unless at an idle, even on a hot day)

snoopyloopy
06-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Don't forget to bleed the air from the cooling system-very critical on these engines. Also, the impellor on the water pump may be eaten away quite a bit. Probably your fan, though.(mine has never come on unless at an idle, even on a hot day)
that's the problem. i think mine only comes on after i turn my car off if it comes on at all. if i idle for any length of time, even a long stoplight, it'll come close to overheating. and i've idled it to see if they fans come on and they don't...

Pico
06-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Maybe a bad fan switch or relay?

diablo75
07-25-2006, 12:56 PM
okay, this may sound silly (I'm not really a car person) but have you checked your timing? I just had a bunch of problems w/ my car due to incorrect timing, including overheating.

diablo75
07-25-2006, 12:56 PM
okay, this may sound silly (I'm not really a car person) but have you checked your timing? I just had a bunch of problems w/ my car due to incorrect timing, including overheating.