PDA

View Full Version : F22A1 electronic upgrades

pip
06-05-2006, 07:38 PM
sorry guys its not a 3rd gen although i used to have one but anyways i got a 92 LX now , CAI, 4-2-1 header, hi-flow cat and 2.25 cat back. I want to do some ecu tuning but i was curious to know if anyone had any moded ecu's like an uberdata or a piggy back like greddy or hondata. i was also wondering if i got an apexi AFC controller to tune my mixture if that might help me out, anyways any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

pip
06-05-2006, 07:42 PM
uh oh... i'm in the engine swaps...sorry

snoopyloopy
06-05-2006, 08:56 PM
we can't really mod the a20 ecu, so no, i don't think anyone would have one. if anyone did, it would be carotman. ask him about that stuff. although idt you'll really need the afc unless you're going to be boosted or running some high compression/rpms or have some other bigger mods than i/h/e.

Kabuki
06-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Don't get an AFC. They suck, and don't really do what they advertise. Yes, the PT2/3/5/6 ECUs (you have one of those four) are easily chippable, but we are still trying to decode the fuel tables in the ROMs. It would probably be easier for you to switch to a P06 or P75 from a Civic or Integra, as they have full editor support through Crome and Uberdata. Frankly though, I don't think you will really gain much with those relatively minor, bolt on mods.

EricW
06-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Don't get an AFC. They suck, and don't really do what they advertise. Yes, the PT2/3/5/6 ECUs (you have one of those four) are easily chippable, but we are still trying to decode the fuel tables in the ROMs. It would probably be easier for you to switch to a P06 or P75 from a Civic or Integra, as they have full editor support through Crome and Uberdata. Frankly though, I don't think you will really gain much with those relatively minor, bolt on mods.

I was going to say most of what he said.