PDA

View Full Version : Very Bad Grind/vibration ?!?!?!?!

3gmodifier
06-05-2006, 09:16 PM
ok, to start this out, i started to have a grind/vibration coming from what a beleived was my tranny. i replaced the tranny with a used one and put in a ACT stage 3 clutch and it was heaven. now just three months later it started to do the same exact thing. but this time, instead of getting worse over time, it happen instantly. one day my car is running great. the next day i drive to get gas and bam, it 's back. the wierdest part about it is the fact that i am pretty sure that it is the tranny again but the grind/vibration will occur when i excellerate, slow down and when i am parked. all three ways will cause this when the rpm is about 1,700-1,900. what is even stranger is that when i am parked and i rev it to that point it grinds, but if i push the clutch in it grinds too. now if i push the clutch in while the engine is on the nothing in the tranny should be moving/spinning correct. so that makes me think that it might be coming from the engine itself. but the last time i changed my tranny it was because of the exact same problem and the new tranny got rid of the grind/vibration. i have double/tripple checked every peice of the engine and tranny and i cant think of what the problem is. i might just go to the junk yard and pull another tranny just so i have transpo but it gets expensive especially if i have to keep doing this. i would love a brand new tranny but brand new from honda is $1,300. fuck that. has any one ever experianced this or know what i am talking about.

3gmodifier
06-06-2006, 02:34 PM
yeah. i only use the best oils. i use amsoil and i change the tranny oil just about once a month.

w261w261
06-06-2006, 04:04 PM
How about thje motor mounts?

3gmodifier
06-06-2006, 09:34 PM
nah replaced all of them 3 months ago.

3gmodifier
06-07-2006, 10:16 PM
i figured out what it was. it was ny header touching the front cross member. i made a small notch to make more clearance. now it runs like a champ

Acid X
06-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Good thing you found out what it was! Now come to the so cal meet for once, lol.