PDA

View Full Version : 1GEE Done before it started. (Alarms?)

1GEN
06-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Well, the fate of the 1GEE Accord that me and 2ndGenGuy were gettin ready to fix is currently unknown.

I have biten but the Acura bug. A friend of mine was getting rid of his 2002 RSX. It's a pretty sweet ride, i'm so excited to quit driving a 1990 Dodge Caravan and move into something that is a little nicer, and doesn't make me feel like a soccer mom. It's got the leather interior, moonroof etc. MOST importantly it's a 5-Speed manual. It hs been a good 4 years since I have own a manual car and I miss it sooo much. Just ask 2ndGenGuy all I have been talking about is RSX this and RSX that. :)

Now that I have a car that has a chance of being stolen, do you guys have any good recommendations for alarm systems. Never had a car that was nice enough to have one so I don't have a clue in what to look out for. Thanks for any info.

2ndGenGuy
06-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah bummer you're not going to fix the 81. I guess I'll have to do it myself. :)

ZackieDarko
06-05-2006, 11:42 PM
I heaver the Viper alarms are good.

HostileJava
06-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Careful now, there is nothing wrong with driving a minivan. Check out the website in my sig to see what I mean :)

offthahook
06-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Yeah bummer you're not going to fix the 81. I guess I'll have to do it myself. :)

Keep in mind, if you give up on it... I can use that interior for my 81. Man, that was a rescue you guys did!! That junkyard would have either crushed it or let it rot in the yard forever!!! Hope you fix it, but if you don't...

2ndGenGuy
06-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Aaah I really want to fix it! I'm waiting on some parts from a guy here on the forums from Canada. He said he might be willing to sell us some parts for it. I think maybe a head from a 1600, which I guess raises the compression and makes it a crossflow head. I also need a block for it, and a carb. I was thinking about a 5-speed conversion, but thats a PITA, and I already have an exisiting, working transmission. I dunno, we'll see...

mix4
02-08-2007, 11:50 PM
I got a Clarion system installed at the auto sound store here, it does pretty good. I have all my settings set to pretty sensitive because I don't want anyone around my damn car. I just had it set to make a lot of noise I didn't pay for the extra crap to make the lights flash.

race12001
02-09-2007, 07:18 AM
hey dont get a viper their too sensitive my car sets the off in parking lots

MessyHonda
02-09-2007, 10:28 AM
i thought you could adjust how sensative it is?