PDA

View Full Version : 3Gee Shift Boot and Knob in 2Gee

2ndGenGuy
06-05-2006, 10:57 PM
So, I'm finding parts I can rob from my 3gee and put in my 2gee to kinda update the interior a bit. My shift boot was looking pretty crappy anyways, and I really like the feel of the 3gee shift knob. So I went ahead and installed it in my car. Matches the steering wheel. :)

I think the black looks kinda odd against the blue... Think I should take out the center console and paint it black to match? I wanna get some nicer new black seats for the front and re-upholster the rear seats in black anyways, since the blue gets dingey looking so fast... What do you think? Paint it or not? Or should I buy another center console from a junk yard and test paint it?

http://localdomain.net/~john/pics/3gee/2gee-shifter.jpg

EDIT: My car really doesn't look that crappy inside! The flash makes it look that way, I swear!

ZackieDarko
06-05-2006, 11:41 PM
are those nawzzz buttons?

2ndGenGuy
06-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Nawwww, they're Auxilary inputs for my stereo. :)

frantik
06-06-2006, 01:17 AM
I think the black looks kinda odd against the blue... Think I should take out the center console and paint it black to match?

It looks fine man :) you're probably just not used to it

i'm pretty sure all 3geez have black knobs and boots, regardless of the trim color

reanimator420
06-06-2006, 02:33 AM
i like it it looks norml to me put if you painted it it would look too blue inside your car

speedpenguin
06-06-2006, 06:59 AM
It looks fine. You could paint some other bits black to match, I guess, but amake sure you don't get too random with it.

MessyHonda
06-06-2006, 10:04 AM
it does not look bad at all. i think it looks better 2 tone and one solid color. if you are going to do the seats then paint it black

2ndGenGuy
06-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the input everybody. The original boot was blue, and the knob was blue too. The steering wheel was blue too. I guess I'm just having a hard time adjusting to a normal color inside the car. :)

I was at the Honda dealer once trying to buy a new steering wheel, because the 2nd Gen steering wheels will turn green around the outside. Some guys were at the counter next to me buying an intake or some goofy accessory, and when they heard me tell the parts guy it was blue, they started laughing.

I walked outside and noticed the only other car in the lot was a Civic with this huge, generic, bookshelf spoiler on it. So who do you think had the last laugh? lol

Oh BTW, the 2nd Gen steering wheel new from Honda is about $400, so I decided against it.

speedpenguin
06-07-2006, 04:08 AM
Oh BTW, the 2nd Gen steering wheel new from Honda is about $400, so I decided against it.

Good god

carotman
06-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Just leave the interior as it is (black boot and blue console) My 3g came like this from the facotry. YOu just need to get used to it I guess.

It does look good indeed!

Hazwan
06-13-2006, 12:36 AM
The boot looks good. Just leave it black.