PDA

View Full Version : Help!! With Exhaust Bracket

Pico
06-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Alright everyone I did a search on this but nothing came up. On my front pipe before the cat. there is a bracket that mounts to the frame I think.
The bolts that hold it in place are missing, does anyone know what size the bolts are. My front pipe is hitting my oil pan....
Help anyone my car is a 89 LXI automatic.. Heres a pic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/13se00_d17.jpg

B16KILLA
06-06-2006, 10:39 AM
I dont know what size the bolt are, but the bracket for that I'm pretty sure connects to the engine. If you follow the bracket up theres two bolts just remove those and remove the bracket. You dont really need it.

Pico
06-06-2006, 10:43 AM
OK . I kept thinking that my exhuast would fall off or rattle loose eventualy if it wasnt bolted in place.
Thanks B16

Blkblurr
06-06-2006, 12:01 PM
I just left mine off when I replaced my flex pipe.

B16KILLA
06-06-2006, 12:57 PM
OK . I kept thinking that my exhuast would fall off or rattle loose eventualy if it wasnt bolted in place.
Thanks B16

your :welcome:

88Accord-DX
09-30-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm missing this same piece off my exhaust too. Pretty soon I'll be replacing my exhaust & was worried about it not being there. I'm assuming it bolts to the engine, but it sure is close to the oil pan.
I was thinking this bracket missing might cause to much strain on the front downpipe flange, possibly causing it to leak in the future. Hey Picopop, how is your exhaust holding up so far without the bracket?

AccordB20A
09-30-2008, 08:11 PM
thats crap, whenever i get a new accord i allways remove it as its not needed and it makes removing the engine/downpipe a bitch

Pico
09-30-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm missing this same piece off my exhaust too. Pretty soon I'll be replacing my exhaust & was worried about it not being there. I'm assuming it bolts to the engine, but it sure is close to the oil pan.
I was thinking this bracket missing might cause to much strain on the front downpipe flange, possibly causing it to leak in the future. Hey Picopop, how is your exhaust holding up so far without the bracket?

Wow old thread..
I ended up reusing the bracket with my new exhaust system, prevented less rattles IMO